eM Client 7 Constant Crashes on Laptop

Using em Client 7 on a laptop. It can’t seem to handle sleep/hibernation as every time the laptop wakes up eM Client has crashed. XML event viewer says:

-

0x80000000000000

Application

T440P

-

MailClient.exe

f4c

01d2158cf68eee4b

C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe

29c58c60-8189-11e6-8299-cc3d8251418a

54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000770069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00650000000000

Is there any news on this? Does eM Client provide support in this forum?

This is still happening. If there is no longer any support in the forum how do I get this dealt with please?

no issue with Sleep-mode here  (did not test Hibernation).

Fritz

Hello Jeff,
could you please copy the details of the crash report?
What version of eM Client are you currently running? Can you please copy the full number from Help>About section, please?

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia.
It is eM Client 7.0.26787.0
The crash report is the first post in this thread although I can’t remember how I got that. If you want something different can you tell me where from please.

I’m runnig the exact same version on Windows 10, and am having the same problem. Or actually worse, as it also crashes 6-8 times a day, usually randomly (when the app is just sitting idle), but also a few times a day right after receiving a new message.

I’m a long time eM Client user, and loved version 5, but since upgrading to V7 about 2 months ago, the frequent crashing has become too much, and if not corrected relatively soon, I’m going to have to look for a replacement - though I really don’t want to change.

Please resolve this issue. Good luck!

Thanks,
John

What anti-virus and other security applications do you have installed?

Hi John,

The only security system I run is eSet version 9.0.402.0. I need to point out though, the I’ve tried disbling eSet , and the error continued at basically the same frequency. I’ve also tried various notofication configs, and the same. It doesn’t appear anything I’ve tried has made any difference. Very frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Jeff,
please try this version - http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.0.27804/setup.msi aand see if the issue persists.
What you have in the default post isn’t really a detailed crash report.
Could you perhaps screenshot the crash window next time?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello John,
please try this version - http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.0.27804/setup.msi aand see if the issue persists.
If so, please copy the error message or the crash report when it appears.

Regards,
Olivia

Many thanks.
I installed the version from your link. It is better but it has crashed twice - the last time a few minutes ago. It becomes totally unresponsive and I have to use Task Manager to close it. I’m not sure where to find a crash report - can you advise?

Hello Jeff,
so the program doesn’t crash but freezes up?
If a program crashes, it will pop up with an error message and option to view details on why the program crashed.
If your program just froze and does not close itself, it is not a crash but something could be blocking the application.

So please, first install the newest version -http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.0.27943/setup.msi
And if/when the program freezes again, run this utility - http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe
Run it a few times to create logs.
Then send these logs to [email protected] with a link to this forum thread.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia.
So far so good!

I am a new user of eM Client and first off, I want to state that I think that this is the best non-Outlook Windows email client that I have come across to date. Don’t care about the layout, look or functionality of the other top contenders. I am a big fan of Outlook which is my gold standard, so any program that can come close gets my vote!

The only problem I have so far is related to this thread. I have eM Client installed on my Windows 10 2-in-1 tablet/computer and eM Client is the only program that cannot seem to wake up from sleeping. In other words, if I leave the client running and close the keyboard to the screen (thereby causing sleep) when I resume the computer from sleep, there is a popup message saying that there were issues checking the mail. That is expected since it could be that wifi is not yet ready when eM Client is checking. So I click “Ignore” with the expectation that the popup window would go away and I could click on refresh after I feel that wifi is ready. Here is where the problem shows up.

The little circle spinners next to the various email accounts are all stuck and not animated. If I leave the software alone to see if it will “catch up” I’d have to wait longer than I am prepared to wait. So at this point, the program is locked and I cannot Exit. Even the “X” and all other controls are dead. The only way ahead is to crash out and then to free up resources from Task Manager or else you cannot start another instance of eM Client. In Task Manager there is indeed an instance of a service for eM Client that needs to be ended. With that done, now eM Client can be started but before the UI is presented, a box pops up saying that it is checking the integrity of the data or something to that effect. When that is done the UI is presented and program operation appears to be normal thereafter.

Not sure if my situation is exactly the same as described above, but I am hoping that the solution is the same. I do have the latest version of the program installed.

Your situation is very similar to mine (I am the OP). I am running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and when I close the lid on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T440) it sleeps and when I re-open it then many times it is fine but on occasions eM Client is frozen and I have to kill it with Task Manager.
I have sent eM Client some dump files and they are investigating. I have to say on my desktop machine it runs absolutely fine 24/7.

Exactly what happens to me WIndows 10 - was this ever resolved?