em Client 7 --- completely disfunctional -- Help!

EDIT 2: Although em Client 7 now works, it still gets stuck/frozen most of the time .

Is this version supposed to be unstable as it apparently is? Can one downgrade to em client 6.xxx ?

EDIT 1
: em client 7 seems to work now that I’ve waited quite long for the database to be checked for inconsistencies. It seems also that one must have a working internet connection once this process is going on, as otherwise it will not succeed.

Just installed em client 7, after I used em client 6.xxx. But apart from the first time I ran it, it just cannot be invoked (it says that it needs to check the database for damage because it was closed without warning); or it opens, and then is stuck when trying to read emails.

em client 7

Help!

> em client 7 seems to work now that I’ve waited quite long for the database to be checked for inconsistencies. It seems also that one must have a working internet connection once this process is going on, as otherwise it will not succeed.

It’s the reason we give up emClient at all in whole company. You will need to check for repair for lot of hours. About 3 hours and it restarts. All that time you cannot work. This is a problem somebody with a commercial background cannot work with. I found out, that the problem went also along woth parallel access. For example those who have their emClient on terminal server AND lokal in use with a central groupware server. You start for example the local installation and later the terminal version. Then it starting rebuild for 3 hours and you cannnot do anything. So, you should only use single user profile to server. Such our experience. Also if you use many profiles / devices to one it takes no long time, that it get ib chaos with the actual replication and tells all the time if need overwrite local or server etc.

Yes, I agree.

Hello Gary,
while version 7 is not finished yet, it should not be completely disfunctional. Are you using the latest Release Candidate version?
Sounds like the issue is with your database though, if it need to be checked every time - did eM Client crash previously? Do you have any scanning software that could corrupt the database files? Have you changed the location of your database? What accounts do you have set up?

You can uninstall the version 7 and install version 6 from our website any time.

Regards,
Olivia