eM Client 6 IMAP times out but diagnostics work

Installed eMClient 6 and I consistently get an error when IMAP tries to receive messages. I run the diagnostics and they say it is working or sometimes go through a Fix it run. Looking at the log it shows most functions working except an error message “5:09:53 PM [email protected] [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: No server response within 30 second timeout. —> System.IO.IOException: No server response within 30 second timeout.” My existing Thunderbird client works and I tried Postbox and it works.

Hi, I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Hi John - I was new to forum and posted this issue as part of another post and then as a separate post. I found a fix for my issue. When I did a virgin, first install, and ported from Thunderbird everything ported over and looked right. I consistently got the IMAP errors and tried just about everything. I then deleted the gmail account in eM Client and added it back taking the defaults and everything worked. I looked at all the settings and they were the same so there is something that I am either not seeing or something got set wrong when it was an initial install that is different when I installed it the second time. It might be different code paths for a gmail setup versus a port from Thunderbird for a gmail account.

ok, thank you for this information.

Jan