eM Client 6 BETA released

Having discovered that I can move separators up and down on the left I created the layout in the image.

Great I think. Click on the first Calender, I can view it, click ‘all inboxes’ I see all my mail…Fantastic

BUT click the second (or any other) calendar, I can view it, click ‘all inboxes’ …Nothing happens. I have to click any of the other smart folders, which work, and then go back to inboxes before I can see my mail again.

Click on MAIL, CALENDAR or CONTACTS headings and the spacers revert to default and I have lost my favoured layout.

I feel sure this is not how you intend it to behave :frowning:

Yes!

Thanks for editable shortcuts!

Here’s a bug I found. For me, it’s 100% repeatable.

Go to Tools:Settings:General:Shortcuts.
Click on any of the commands and assign it a new shortcut key.
Click on OK to confirm and close the Settings dialog box.

Now when I try to use any of the default shortcut keys (like Ctrl-D, Ctrl-R, F1, etc), none of them work in the main window. Only the shortcut keys that I modified work in the main window.

Meanwhile, if I open a sub-window – for example, if I double-click on a message to open the message window – the default shortcut keys work there.

If I close and reopen emClient, all of the shortcut keys work again in the main window.

Anyway, for now, the workaround is easy enough. After I assign any new shortcut keys, I close and reopen emClient.

Another bug (or perhaps you internally call it a missing feature):

One of the reassignable shortcuts available under the “Main” section is “Archive.” Thank you for that. Unfortunately, that shortcut is NOT available for reassignment under the “Mail” section.

Therefore, if I have F4 assigned to “Archive” under the “Main” section, I can use F4 in the main window, but I can NOT use F4 when I’ve double-clicked an email to open the mail window.

In fact, if I look at the Actions menu in the mail window, the “Archive” command is there, but of course, it has no shortcut assigned to it – not even the default Ctrl-Shift-A shortcut that is assigned by default for the “Archive” command in the main window.

Can you please make “Archive” a reassignable shortcut command in the “Mail” section?

Thanks!

Thank you also for the “Move to folder…” reassignable shortcut command. It’s one of my top productivity feature needs.

Although I find the current implementation of choosing the target folder by keyboard usable, I would vote for an implementation like Gmail’s.

For example, let’s say I have three folders that are named:

Example Folder
Example Box
Example Repository

In the current implementation, if I type “e” three times, I can select the folder named “Example Repository.”

In Gmail’s implementation, all I have to do is type “r” and immediately the correct folder is selected.

Thanks!

Hi,
Where could I find “customizable reply and forward headers” in the settings?

Settings>Mail>Replies and Forwards

Unfortunately, that’s not exactly what I mean.

1. I need to be able to compose different headers for different people, say “Dear pumpkin,” when writing to Marilyn Monroe etc. As of now, the only possibility is to add “Dear {from},” which results in e-mail address after “Dear”, which of course shoudn’t be there.
  2. You can’t put line breaks in custom replies - they are always just above the original message text and no way to add an indent between them.
  3. Replies should start the letter, i.e.be at the top of a new letter. Now it starts with several line breaks (apparently giving space to compose a new message), then goes header and right after it - the original message text. Which basically means that the header is placed at the end of a letter, not at its beginning.

Hello,

Tools - settings - Mail - Templates and Signature, you can make there template for new message, reply and forward :slight_smile:

with regards
Jan

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not planned, but if you really want this features you can make “Idea request” topic and if enough people will upvote this we can consider implementing it like this.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

nothing like this is happening to me, can I ask you for step by step description how do you achieve this behaviour?

with regards
Jan

Hello,

When this happen again can you please use this tool http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… and send me file it creates to [email protected], please join this topic’s url into email subject.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

we have never confirmed it, it was only under consideration.

with regards
Jan

yes, exactly like this :slight_smile:

with regards
Jan

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not planned.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

oldest Exchange version eM Client support is 2007 SP 1, do you have this or newer?

with regards
Jan

please contact my colleague at [email protected]

with regards
Jan

you can - [email protected], all I need is email form which you have registered your license and your name, it would be good also if you will send me date of purchase as confirmation.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

We are working on this, it should be resolved soon

with regards
Jan

Hi, unfortuantely it is not possible to shorten this :frowning:

Nicméně z logu co jste zde poslal je vidět že mátě nějakou chybu s databází, můžete mi napsat zda jste s databazí něco neprováděl?