eM Client 4.0 BETA released

Can you please send us screenshot from the setup? On what Windows version is it? Are you using Large Fonts? Thanks.

Feel free to report it as an idea on this forum, so we can vote for it.

Hi,
what is the name of the email provider? We will try to reproduce the issue.

Ad disabling contacts or calendar you can do it manually in Accounts dialog (and appropriate tab). When creating a GMail account, the last screen allows user to enable/disable particular features. We decided to enable tasks and contacts support for users upgrading from versions 3.x.

Option to disable AccuWeather is on our road plan, it will be added in one of the minor updates for version 4.

Default attachment actions can be edited in Settings. What do you exactly mean by this one?

IMAP folder subscription will be there in the next major version.

• Using XP /w SP3, large font in Windows is not used. Post screen shot below.

• What I meant is to separate Calendar and contact. On my account setting calendar and account is under one tab. So when I enable or disable the service it both of Calendar and Contact. But I wish to only use the calendar. (screen shot below)

• Nice

• I know it can be edit it, but I would like the ability to manually adding it in Settings, instead relying on mail with attachment. Like an “Add” button in the attachment in settings.

• Excellent

Since I’ve already have the beta installed, the setup screen is different, but the error still there, instead of show “Next”, it shows as “Nex”

As you can see, Calendar and Contact is bind together.

Suggestion:

• In the calendar view, where the top bar shows month and date with two left and right arrow, enable a drop down list with scroll (or up/down arrow) to allow quick select of month and date.

Petr Zadražil, is it a question for me ?
Anyway I can give a reply.
I have this problem with several email provider :
gandi.net
noos.fr

Problem:
I have manually created an .ICS file for a re-occurrence event. But on different date during the year, that why I crated the .ICS file manually. I have add about 8 of those even, each of them have the duration till 2099. The import process was smooth, and did not show any errors. And it seems it work, as I’ve check till 2025. But after exit the program, doing some other work, launch eM I got greeted by the message: “Uploading event to calendar to calendar ‘[email protected]/Calendar name/’ failed with an error: The request identifier already exist.”

This error message will appear every time the program restart. Adding event to that particular calendar would not get synced to Google Calendar. But adding even from Google would still show up in eM. I can provide the log, let me know which log I need to create and e-mail that I can send to. Thanks.

The current beta build only offers complete network communication logs and no specific logging for Google Calendar. I’ll try to provide you a build with better logging capabilities tomorrow, so we can diagnose the error. Thanks for help!

Note that this error occurs whenever there’s duplicate UID for more than one event in the ICS file.

Not sure what you mean by UID, I had no error message on importing them. Beside the summary and description which would be the same, there shouldn’t be anything that would duplicate. I can mail you along the iCal files if you want to inspect.

If you can share the iCal files I will gladly try to reproduce it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

I have the same problem with most ics files. I will send to you by email one of them to check it.
Thank you

Problem/Query:

• “Use the following alias from linked account” option. I’m not sure what this option does, but under the list, it has the default Gmail address, and what it seems to be my non-primary calendars under Google.

Hi FranceBg,
the previous question was for you. Sadly I am still unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please contact me directly using [email protected]?
Thank you for help,
Petr

Hangin 'with eM Client 4 Beta so far the only tool is what I found, which is on par with Outlook. I’m looking forward to the final version 4 Please make Keep it up.