Em 8.1 Just stopped working

10-Feb-2021. a Wednesday . Probably related to a windows 10 update for .net. But the end result is the same. Yesterday was able to see my emails, Today, EM does not event start. Help needed. Thanks,

Something you can try is to uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database directory when asked. That way all your data and settings will still be there after a re-install.

If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\

Download and install the latest version of eM Client from the Release History.

Well I did not trust too much windows 10 App removal message telling me data & program will be gone, so I just ran the update over the current install. MSI did remove the previous version and apply the update and I am back in business - thanks. Still a bit mystified on why this happened, Last windows update ran Mid January, and EM was working fine after. Another Micro$oft feature I guess
Anyhow, running 8.1.1060 (ae1b098) now. Thanks for the hint Gary Much appreciated, stay safe

I have a similar problem but not Windows update related,EMC was working fine until a message EMC update available, when this was finished I couldn’t open EMC and still can’t no matter what I try. I am not proficient with computers and need guidance how to fix this problem please help ? Seems to me that EMC is prone to hiccups, I like EMC but getting weary of problems associated with it.

Did you follow the steps I gave:

Hi Gary, nervous about uninstalling EMC,do I do that in add or remove programmes ? And when will I get the message about the data base ? I am no expert.

Yes, add or remove programs.

During the uninstall you will be asked if you want to delete the database directory.

Answering No will ensure all your data and setting are there after you re-install.

Hi I went ahead and installed EMC via the link you gave over the top of the current EMC and it worked, thank you.

1 Like