Easier editing of filter rules

When working in the datalists for “rules”, it would be helpful if the contents were sorted. It would be much easier to check for values to remove, check for spelling errors, etc.

Hi,
thanks for your suggestions. I will add to our official feature requests list and we will consider better rules system to some of our future versions.

Not only would sorting of the rules be nice, but I would like to see the capability to import/export the rules. When making a lot of changes to the rules, it would be easier to export them to a flat file, make the modifications, then import them back.

Evidently the import piece is already in place. When I first installed eM Client yesterday, I was able to import my mail, contacts and rules from Thunderbird.

Hi, you can export the rules by exporting the settings of your client into .xml file. The rules settings is included in this export.
Sorry that it’s not very clear what exactly is included in this file.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul. I just tried that but the XML is much more complex that I thought it would be. Looks like that’s not going to be a viable option.

Hi again, what are you considering too complex? It’s a simple file that you can move around between different computers. Although yes it contains more information than you need, including all account setups etc.

Paul.

I was hoping to write a script that could take my current Thunderbird rules and convert them to the XML format used by eM, breaking down the rules with OR’s into separate rules. After reviewing the XML format of the rules in eM, it just doesn’t seem worth the time and effort.

For example, here’s a simple rule in Thunderbird:
name=“Brandsmart”
enabled=“yes”
type=“17”
action=“Move to folder”
actionValue=“mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Businesses/BrandsMart”
condition=“AND (from,contains,BrandsMart USA)”

That same rule in eM looks like this:

Brandsmart
true
OnReceive
AllAccounts
Composed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-inst…" xmlns:xsd=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”&gt;

false

true

OnReceive

false

true

BrandsMart USA

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

true

/Local Folders/Businesses/BrandsMart

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

It would be a toss-up as to whether it would take longer to enter all the broken/missing rules in eM from scratch, or proceed with my script idea.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
thank you for the suggestion we’ll keep that in mind for future releases, but unfortunately there’s no easier way to do this at the moment.

I hope you can manage to use the current settings,
Thank you,
Paul.