e-mailing a word/excel document

Hi, We e-mail word and excel docs all the time to our staff, however since changing to eM Client and making it the default program, when doing so it always opens Outlook. Just to clarify, when in word/excel, I go to “Send” then “E-mail as PDF Attachment” and it’s at thid point that the file is transfered to Outlook and not eM Client.

Yes, you need MS .net Framework 3.5, here is official link from MS directly http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo… 

Hi

Thanks for that.

However, I tried to install this and it states that my PC already has this installed.

Check in settings features if it is checked and then choose emclient as default email program

Sorry Yishay, can you ellobrate a little. I’m using Windows 10 so am I going to windows 10 settings?. I did look in settings but cant see a “features / Check box” and EmClient is already set as the default.

enter Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and see if .neframework 3.5 and 4.7 are checked.then go to settings default apps and see if under email, emclient is chosen

Also, in Windows 10 go to All settings/System/Default apps and select “Set default apps by type” at the bottom of the page.

Then select “Em Client” in the left pane.

Select “Choose defaults for this program”

Check “Select all”

This should fix the issue.

Hi Jay
That cured my problem.
Many Thanks for everyones assistance.

Regards
Kenny

I have Windows 10 and and em client is listed as my default but not as default in em client program.  I can’t find where select all is, all I get is it asking me if I want to uninstall, not modify.

Another way is through the Control Panel.
Go to Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs.

Click on eM Client. Choose Choose defaults for this program.

Choose Select All.

Hello eveybody,
this is also my live problem.

I set all the items to eMClient but Excel always opens Outlook.