E Mail Attachment Error!

When attempting to send emails today, I continually receive an error message of:
“Couldn’t add attachment”. The body of the message is:

File :C:/Users//AppData/Local/Temp/eM Client temporary files/rp4gdnvk.jpg" couldn’t be added as attachment due to the following error: Could not find file 'C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\eM Client temporary files\rp4gdnvk.jpg’

I am also receiving prompts to ask if I really wanted to send an email without an attachment - for every email that I attempt to send!

Extremely annoying. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I am using fully paid for latest version of EM Client!

Hi,

If you’re using the pro version of eM Client, you can write them a support ticket to help you https://support.emclient.com/

If I were to guess the problem, you probably created an email signature with a photo, correct? And you probably copy/pasted the photo into the signature template instead of saving the photo on your computer and attaching it that way?

If so, then you should know that images you copy/paste are generally stored in your computer in a temporary files folder, which is periodically cleaned out in order to save space on your PC. So if you had made a signature with a copy/pasted photo, eventually it would be removed from that location and you would start seeing such an error when you send emails because eM Client can’t find that photo anymore to attach.

2 Likes

Brilliant!
Many thanks. You were correct in your assumption. I have removed the images from my email signature and all is back to normal now!

1 Like