Duplicate Sent Emails in Exchange

I am seeing that whenever I send an email via my Exchange account in eM Client that I end up with duplicate emails in my Sent folder. The recipient only receives one email, but it looks like I have sent the same email twice.

Is anyone else seeing this? I filed a support ticket with eM Client.

• Merg

I believe by default, Exchange puts a copy of the email in sent items. Having emClient do the same duplicates the sent item. To fix, go to menu/tools/settings/mail/send and uncheck “Save copies of sent messages in “Sent” folder”.

By the way, the problem with is that this is a global setting. Therefore, if you have multiple email accounts, say Exchange and Gmail, it will affect both accounts and you will see no sent items in Gmail. Emc needs to make this an account based option.

I am having this exact same issue, and it is now 2023. I get two copies of the email sent in the “Sent” folder.

I actually went online to my email provider (I have two, so I tried with both, gmail and hotmail) and wrote an email and sent it to the other account (and vice versa) and everything was normal, I only got one copy of the email sent in the “Sent” folder.

However, if now I open EM Client and I send an email (using the same accounts as when I did online) then I will receive only the one email BUT in the “sent” folder I will see two emails sent and the strange thing is that the email file size is different too: one has 1kb and the other one has 46 kb BUT they both are identical in their content and they both show being sent from the same account.

I read through this forum and I already try all the suggestions I was able to find and nothing, none of them work.

I am pretty sure the issue is with EM Client since when I do it online directly with the email provider everything work as expected.

I also have PostBox and when I send an email with that other program then everything works fine, I only get one sent email in the “sent” folder as expected.

How do I fix this issue with Em Client?

1 Like

Are you sure your accounts are setup as Exchange?

Gmail don’t offer Exchange, and if you have the Hotmail account setup as Exchange, I suggest you remove it, and add the account back again using the automatic setup, which will use IMAP/SMTP.

Gary,

I removed the hotmail account and then added it again and now it works correctly (gmail has never given me a problem). Thanks for the suggestion. Something must’ve gone wrong when I upgraded EMClient from version 8 to 9 since it was fine before. Now is back to the way it should be.

NOTE: I think when I setup the account for the first time I chose to have the emails encrypted (EMClient asks about that), and maybe when I upgraded to v.9 some setting when crazy or got lost. This time I chose not to have the emails encrypted and everything works flawlessly.

Thanks again.