Duplicate Folder Name Now Cannot Connect To Server

I was updating a folder name and it created a duplicate, which has caused a major issue. Error msg: [Exchange Web Services] Creating or updating folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/XXX’ failed due to the following error: The folder save operation failed due to the invalid property values.’

I have since deleted both folders and they are definitely gone, but the error message is still there and I am not getting emails to my laptop, only on my phone (Outlook app). I’m getting this other error msg: ‘An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Please check the settings or click on the warning symbol to try connecting again.’ (which I have done many times now).

I have already quit out of EM client, restarted, this didn’t resolve anything. Any advice on how I can possibly fix this when the folders are no longer there??

Also is there a web/browser option for EM Client that I can work on until this is resolved?

Could be a database problem and you might need to manually force a repair of the database.

See @Gary post from the following thread.

I will try that, thank you!!

Unfortunately that didn’t work. It ran through the database check and came out OK. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Ok as the database repair didnt work, then first go online to your mailbox webmail gui and login and see if everything looks ok there with the folders etc. Your mailbox tech support can advise how to login.

If it has the same duplicate folder problem in your online webmail gui, then delete / correct it online and then close and reopen eM Client and that should normally fix it.

But if everything already looks ok online in your webmail, then if you have been regularly backing up eM CIient either automatically via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” or manually via “Menu / Backup”, then you could restore a recent dated backup via “Menu / File / Restore” when you know it was working ok and go from there.

However if you havent been making regular backups in eM Client, then you could try next repairing your eM Client acct, which clears the local cache completely and then see if that fixes the problem.

To repair your mail account, right click on your Inbox under you acct in eM Client and click Properties at the bottom. Then click the repair tab at the top and finally click Repair. If its a Gmail accout right click All Mail.

Now if the repair made no difference, you may need to remove the account and readd it again. So if you have an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account once readded, everything will come back and look the same as in your online webmail account.

If you have a POP account before removing your account, create a folder down in eM Client Local Folders at the bottom left called eg: “Old Mail” and then drag / move all your current POP mail messages and message folders under Old Mail. Then once you are certain they are all in Old Mail, then remove and readd your POP account again.

Then after readding your POP account, drag / move all the message under Old Mail up to the new acct.