Downloaded the client trial, but can't get email to work

Keep getting authentication failures and server not found errors when trying to get email to connect to mindspring.  Have tried different server names: pop.mindspring.com, pop.earthlink.net, smtp.mindspring.com, smtpauth.earthlink.net.

Have also reset my password on my account and can log into the webmail client without issue.

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, what mail service are you using in eM client? How did you setup the account, did you use the automatic setup?
Are you seeing any errors from the application?

Thank you,
Paul.

Mindspring.

I tried using the automatic setup, but that didn’t work (spinner going round and round forever).  It did try and negotiate IMAP vs POP, but after 10 - 15 mins still couldn’t configure.  I also tried configuring manually, but wasn’t able to get it to work.

I get the errors: Connecting to [email protected] failed.  This could be caused by incorrect settings.  Do you want to check the settings?

The reason for my trial of your software was to replace Outlook 2007 as I reloaded my laptop OS (win7) from scratch.  Since I couldn’t get eM client to work, I reloaded Outlook and am able to get that to work against the same account with POP on port 110 and SMTP on port 587.  (based on instructions from the Mindspring website.)

When I try to get eM Client to work with the same settings, SMTP works now, but the only option on the account setup tab is for IMAP which doesn’t work (I don’t believe it’s available with this email account).  Is there a way to specify POP instead of IMAP?  I looked, but couldn’t find a way to change it.

Thanks,
Gary

Hi again Gary, are you using any firewall/proxy software on your computer?
You can try to setup the account manually, just instead of using the automatic setup, switch to the mail tab below and select ‘Other’, use your recommended server settings and try to setup the account.

Let me know if you come across further issues with the setup.

Thank you,
Paul.