download for offline use

If the mails are downloaded for offline use will it remove those mails or keep a copy of mails at the server?

Hello Bino,

Assuming that your account is set up as IMAP, ‘downloading e-mails for offline use’ simply downloads the message body so you can view it even when you are not online. The same e-mails are on the server so if you modify the e-mails in eM Client, the change will also be visible on the server.

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks Maurice. This is the first time I am using eMClient and I Iike  the program.
I have a specific requirement as follows.

I have about 5Gb of data on my Gmail account. I would like to backup the entire mails alongwith attachments on to my local machine’s harddisk and do a clean up.  After the clean up I would like to wipe out all the data from gmail and feed the cleaned mail back to gmail and then onwards setup eMClient as an imap client . Can you please guide me how I can do this the easiest way?

Regards,

Bino

Hello Bino,

First of all please make a backup (Menu -> File ->Backup). The easiest option for you would probably be to move your messages into Local Folders. If you can’t see your Local folders right now, please go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings ->General - General - make sure ‘Show Local folders’ is checked.
We do however have to warn you that sometimes, when a lot of messages are transferred between the server and the local folders, it can cause errors. If you however have a backup, you have something to Restore from (through Menu -> File ->Restore).

Regards,
Maurice