Download error of attachements after move to another folder

When I receive a message with attachement in the inbox of my outlook.com account, move it into another folder and then try to download the attachement, an empty file will be created and a dowload error happens.

Move back to inbox and or restart of emClient doesn’t help.

emClient 9.2.1735 (happens for a long time now - also during my registered support which just ran out again)

When I receive a message with attachement in the inbox of my outlook.com account, move it into another folder and then try to download the attachement, an empty file will be created and a dowload error happens

If you don’t move the email with the attachment to another folder does the attachment open ?

If the attachment does open ok in your Inbox, but not in any other folder when you move it there, then eM Client isn’t synching all your account folder messages back to your remote server anymore for some reason, so the attachments are then not valid when you try to open them.

So you might need to first try repairing your Outlook account locally in eM Client which will clear all the local cache in the mailer & start new. Failing that try removing & readding your account.

Have you already tried repairing it or removing and re-adding the account as yet ?

Hi,

sorry for late reply but in the meantime it happened multiple times again - and just yet.

I’ve opened the mail (preview on the right), but not the attachement, then moved the mail to the another folder (same account). Then I tried to save as and got the error as usual.

I must restart emClient (version 9.2.2093) - otherwise no chance and I always get the error. After restart it has worked now. But I also had cases when restart didn’t help, however.

The attachement (CSV) file size 237 KB and the internet connection upload is 30 Mb/s.

So there must be something unstable cached. When the sync takes 1-2 seconds longer then it should work, but it doesn’t anymore. I always get the error.

I’ll take a deeper look later and will test with another account.

I’ve opened the mail (preview on the right), but not the attachement, then moved the mail to the another folder (same account). Then I tried to save as and got the error as usual.

Try then running the repair on your Outlook mail account, incase you have some sort of corrupted local cache in eM Client as i cannot see you have tried that as yet. That will start the cache as new again.

To repair, right click on your Outlook account “Inbox” and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Next click the “Repair Tab” at the top and run the Repair. This can take a little time depending on the size of your mailbox and will be slower to re-read messages again till the messages are all fully cached.

Now if the repair makes no difference to the problem, then if your Outlook account is a eg: IMAP, Exchange or Office 365 account, suggest next to “remove and re-add your account” via “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac) which should then definitely fix the problem.