don't get the option to accept, tentative or decline calendar invite, it automatically puts it into my calendar in italics.

calendar says “You have been sent an invitation or update for following scheduled items, but no processing is necessary.” then on the bottom it says “A newer version of this event is already in your calendar. This update may be
safely discarded.”

These are brand new calendar requests.

Hello Brian,
what email account/calendar does this happen for?
Please mind that these invitation messages are usually generated by the server, not the mail client.

Regards,
Olivia

Gmail. interestingly when i log into gmail directly i do get the accept, decline button, just not via the mail client.

Hello Brian,
I am trying to replicate your issue and having trouble doing so.
Is this an invitation from another gmail account or a different mail provider?
The mail you see as a new invitation in gmail - is it the same one that shows as an update in eM Client? Or did you check the invitation in gmail first?
What version of eM Client are you currently running?

Regards,
Olivia

both, gmail and other emails (ie business email). yes, i see the invitation in gmail via web browser as well but it doesn’t have the text i pasted above and it does have the yes, maybe, no buttons. in eM client, the calendar invite comes in differently as well, it has a white background and text is in italics.