Doesn't work with gmail

I had a lot of trouble for sending email with gmail smtp.
Now, it’s my entire account who can’t connect !!!

It works perfectly with Thunderbird !!!

I just tried and could send via my gmail account.
My smtp settings are
server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
force: smtp/tls

I looked at my Thunderbird settings (which worked) and saw SMTP port was 465. Changed eM Client SMTP port to 465 (with option … special port legacy) and all is fine. I currently have a ticket in with Google re this problem.

Thnaks, but emclient can’t connect. There’s a red triangle.

I also use the following Gmail SMTP setting and sends fine in latest EM Client V7 & 8.

Thanks but it simply can’t connect to Google… error 10054.

Is there a way to access/change saved password in eMClient ? Thanks.

Further explanation. eM Client email send problems began occurring on GSUITE GMAIL accounts after upgrade to latest eM Client version 8.0.2820. It turns out that reverting to previous version of eM Client did not fix problem. It appears that Google GSUITE GMAIL changed email port handling thus ‘breaking’ eM Client. Still waiting on reply from Google.

Thanks, it works perfectly whith Thunderbird. I think i can says that the trouble come from eMClient. How can we contact emclient support ?

I verified I do not have G Suite account, my gmail is not working in vers 8. I have updated the IMAP and SMTP settings with various combinations. Still can’t receive emails, I also have the red triangle. I tested and can send email from emclient.

I have also uninstalled 8x and installed 7x, upon opening vers 7x I was ‘forced’ to upgrade or exit. Uninstalled 7 and reinstall 8, still have the same gmail issue. Glad I didn’t buy a license.

I have the same problem. Migrating to version 8 breaks the ability to connect when adding a new account. For some reason, on one particular computer I have no problems. But all others have nothing but a red exclamation on adding any account type I’ve tried other than Exchange Activesync. Both Hotmail/Outlook and Gmail are failing with the same error. This never happened with v7.

A note for everyone talking about SMTP configuration: SMTP is for sending mail, not downloading existing email. This problem is with IMAP. emClient simply cannot connect to the server to pull down existing mail folders. That’s squarely in IMAP territory and not related to SMTP at all.

Enabling logs shows the same error message no matter what type of account I try to use. Here is Google Gmail:

12:05:15.482|033| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION (retry: True): MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..
     ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..
     ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
       at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ThrowIfExceptional()
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsClientAsync>b__65_1(IAsyncResult iar)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass69_0.<<ConnectAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
       at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<<UpgradeStreamAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
       at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.UpgradeStreamAsync(Func`2 callback)
       at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func`2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func`2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass15_2.<EnqueueGetFolderList>b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
       at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

Here is Microsoft Outlook.com/Hotmail:

13:01:44.268|026| >>> Starting account synchronization
13:01:44.702|039| 13:   Connecting to imap-mail.outlook.com:993...
13:01:44.732|028| 13: --- CLOSE: PRIMARY START
13:01:44.733|028| 13: --- CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
13:01:44.733|039| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION (retry: True): MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsClientAsync>b__65_1(IAsyncResult iar)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass69_0.<<ConnectAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<<UpgradeStreamAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass15_2.<EnqueueGetFolderList>b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
   at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
13:01:44.733|039| >>> ListFoldersAsync(): Start
13:01:44.734|039| 14:   Connecting to imap-mail.outlook.com:993...
13:01:44.736|028| 14: --- CLOSE: PRIMARY START
13:01:44.736|028| 14: --- CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
13:01:44.736|039| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION: MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host..

My guess is that emClient v8 is no longer negotiating secure IMAP connections properly.

1 Like

See V8 secure IMAP not working at all for further info on this issue.

It works with avast email agent desactivated. But it most safe to activate it, how setting it ?

I have a Gmail account and it works fine for me. Contacts, Email and Calendar all sync just fine. When there is an update about to be installed, I always visit %appdata% and copy my eM Client folder to another drive. This works to keep everything intact: Local Folders, Program Layout, IMAP Folders and all the email in each folder.

I use Malwarebytes Premium and have so for 12 years.