Does not connect

GUI - AAA+++
Idea - AAA+++
BackEnd IMAP server integration  - worst mail client in the world. Absolute rubbish, full of bugs.

Hi JJ,

I’m not sure whether the IMAP implementation of eM Client is ‘absolute rubbish’ … there seem to be enough people for whom it works.

I’m not using IMAP, so I can not speak from personal experience, though :slight_smile:

Can you please mention a few bugs (and which version of eM Client you’re using, and which e-mail providers)?

It will help the developers to target the issues more fast.

1. App works only once - when you install it. After that, once it downloaded all mail - it is dead. No data moving though it is connecting. Deleting app and reinstalling solves the problem. On the same PC outlook works fine

Hi, can you please try to update to this version of eM Client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21034/setup.msi , the version you’re currently using contains some bugs and caused the application to crash, it’s been recalled few moments after it’s release. Please let me know if you come across any other issues or questions.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Looks better now, lets see how it is going to work for the next few days…

Hi Paul, I have been using the app for the past 2 years with no issues. However since the update two days ago eM Client cannot connect to my IMAP server.  Also if I use the app’s built-in “repair” feature the application hangs. If I use the repair tool in the msi file provided in the above post I receive the message "MailClientCommonUIFile’ cannot be found in cabinet file ‘MailClient.cab’ after which the repair terminates without success. Should I uninstall before using the msi file link? If I do, will I lose all of my contacts?

Hi Neil, I’m not completely sure what’s the issue, are you able to run the application?
Can you please make a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?

What version of eM client are you currently using?
What mail service are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.