*.docx-attachment doesn´t open

Why don’t * .docx attachments open in the eM Client? I’m trying to open them with LibreOffice. * .doc attachments open normally but not the *.docx. In other e-mail programs, these * .docx attachments open.

Trying to open a*.docx-attachment by eM Client, I get the following message:
The file x * .docx 'is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOffice may attempt to repair the file.
Damage may be caused by tampering with the document or an error in data transfer.
You should not trust the contents of a corrected document.
Macros in the document are not executed.
Do you want LibreOffice to try to repair the file?

What is the expectation?

sábado 08 enero 2022 :: 1433hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Marylin

I do not use Libre Office, however, I do know that LibreOffice does not support all of the features of Microsoft Office/Word.
Plus I am aware that docx files saved with LibreOffice often contain formatting errors when opened in Microsoft Word.
Have you tried saving the attachment to perhaps your desktop in order to open it?
eMC does not natively open docx files, though should do so with an association in Windows Apps
I normally have no problem ‘double clicking’ an attachment to open it.
In the case of docx Microsoft Word opens automatically and displays the document.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I use LibreOffice and don’t have this problem. My versions are eM Client 9.0.231 (beta) and LibreOffice 7.2.5. Do you always get the error message with docx files? Have you tested several ones?

Yes, I always get the error message with docx files and I have you tested several ones?
They all open when I use any other email-program but eM Client ( MS Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird)