Disable IMAP and SMTP and only use AirSync

See, that tells me that there is something wrong with eM Client. My email server is with my ISP and they run Zimbra. I have no problems hooking into that email server with my BlackBerry, Android or Apple cell phone email clients. Yet eM Client is the only one with an issue in connecting to this server.

It would seem to me that if your cell phone email client works and the earlier version of eM Client works then the issue is not with your work’s email server but with the newer version eM Client. I like eM Client but there are some real buggy issues around their communications with email servers.

I agree. I think this post means they dropped support for AirSync in V6, although the post doesn’t explicitly say that… http://www.emclient.com/blog/what-to-expect-in-em-client-7–imap-support-for-outlook.com-accounts-13…

Randy -
I too am having that Sent folder problem. What Rule did you write to move sent e-mails to from the server folder to your local folder? I can’t seem to get one to work. Paul

In most cases the server will create the message in the Sent folder, and then that syncs back to eM Client.

If it isn’t creating the message, depending on the server, there may be an option to have eM Client create it instead. With some accounts you will find this in Menu > Accounts > General tab > Send. Just tick the option to save a copy to Sent folder and click on Save & Close.

Paul,

You should try what Gary has suggested first. It didn’t work for me back in 2017. It has worked on some installations and some not.

Furthermore, it is not dependent on the server since if you are working off line, you would want a copy put into your sent folder right way versus waiting on synchronization with an email server. If anything the client would sync to the sever that it has copied the message to the sent folder. I use two different email servers - Zimbra and Horde. There are no options I am aware of on either of these servers set to make a copy or not to the sent folders.

The processing into the sent folder has been flaky for years. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Also, ActiveSync has been messed up for years. If you use CALDAV and CARDAV instead the CALDAV sends out unwanted notifications of all sorts (see my posts on the issue). I have given up on Em Client for business use.

You can add a rule as follows:

1. Open the Rules tab from the Main Menu.
  2. Select the “Apply custom rule on messages I send”
  3. (Optional) Select “processed with account”. Click the “account” hyperlink in the rule preview box. Select the account you want the rule processed for for. Skip this step if you want to apply it to all email accounts.
  4. Select “copy to folder”. Click on the “folder” hyperlink and select the sent folder you want you messages copied to.

I hope this helps.

The message can’t be created in the Sent folder (not by eM Client and certainly not by the server) while you are offline because it hasn’t been sent. You need to actually send the message for the copy to be saved in Sent. Until then, it is stored in the Outbox.