Difficulty adding Yahoo Email Account

I purchased Em Client last night and had no difficulty adding my two Mediacom accounts and my Gmail account. However, I am unable to add my Yahoo email account. I keep getting an error stating “Uh oh, Looks like something is wrong. Please try again later” I have tried it in auto mode and manually and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas on how I can fix this?.

Hi, I don’t have an answer for your issue, but while you are waiting for a response here, may I suggest since you are a PRO user, that you open a eM Client support ticket to which you are entitled

domingo 08 noviembre 2020 :: 2212hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @jlabit

Here is an announcement from @Olivia_Rust Leader that will help you.

Yahoo’s announced security changes come into action.
To avoid getting any login issues with eM Client, make sure you have used an oAuth login or App password, so you can keep using your Yahoo email seamlessly.

Secure sign-in method - oAuth
Current versions of eM Client support the oAuth login for Yahoo. With this sign-in method you insert the username and password into a browser window, giving the credentials directly to the Yahoo server, which then creates an access token for eM Client to get your data.
This way eM Client does not get any access to your password and does not store it in its database.

You can easily tell if you’re already using this method - the username and password fields will be missing from your Yahoo account’s settings in Menu>Accounts section.

If you don’t use the oAuth sign-in but want to, simply remove your old setup and use the ‘New account’ button to add it again using the Automatic setup.

Please be aware that the Automatic setup will set up your account as IMAP, if you currently use POP email protocol you might want to use the App password option below:

App password
If you see the username and password fields in your account settings you might need to replace your main password with one specifically created for eM Client.
Please read more about App passwords (and how to create one) here - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html 21

Once you have the new password just go to Menu>Accounts in eM Client and replace your password in the settings tabs for your Yahoo account. Don’t forget the use the ‘Save & Close’ button to save these changes.

If you already use oAuth or App password the security change will not affect you and you can just continue using eM Client as usual.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

Hi everyone,
we apologize for the trouble, over the weekend our OAuth registration at the Yahoo Developer Portal experienced some issues and our oAuth access for Mail, Contatcs and Calendar is not working.
We have contacted Yahoo Developer support to get it back up soon.

In the meantime, the only way to set up a Yahoo account is manually via the Mail>Other option so you can insert a password directly (app password) instead of being taken to the oAuth login.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is this going to be fixed soon? I am still unable to register a Yahoo account via OAuth. I am running 7.2.40748.0 on Windows 10

Screenshot 2021-02-12 085959|403x500

This was fixed in 7.2.50008

Please download it from the Release History

Or update to the latest version 8.

Done. Fixed. Weird that 7.2.40748.0 was not updating on it own, or even when manually pushed to check for updates. Doesn’t matter I suppose.

Thanks

1 Like