Deleting the "Outlook Import" section of the Calendar in eM Client, deletes ALL imported Outlook data (not just the Calendar section).

Deleting the “Outlook Import” section of the Calendar in eM Client, deletes ALL imported Outlook data (not just the Calendar section).

Windows 7 Professional x64
eM Client version 3.0.10057.0
Outlook 2010

Lost 2 days of import work (21 GB of data)

Hello,
it should have asked you whether you want to delete this folder which contains not only calendar events. If it didn’t ask it was because you checked Don’t ask me again during some previous ask of it. Is this scenario right?

No. I do not recall ever getting a request to “Don’t ask me again…”. Even if there was, this is a critical event…something else needs to be presented. Maybe a dialogue box display what items are being deleted? Not sure what the right answer will be, but allowing the process to continue without validating what the user wants is not the answer.

…also, take a look at the picture presented. What was deleted was fare above and beyond what was listed.

The graphical user interface must reflect what the user expects to see and the interaction he/she has with it must reflect what is expected. If there is a possibility that the action the user performs on/in a GUI is different than what he/she expects, it must be disclosed. Failure to do so will immediately cause the user to loose faith in your product.

The request was displayed for sure. I tested it with your version 3.0.10057.0 and it asked me as you can see at attached screenshot.

If you want to delete only e.g. events or tasks, just delete only Calendar or Tasks from imported Outlook data file and other items will stay untouched.