Deleted Contacts but they still appear when sending an email

i seem unable to delete old contact email addresses and they still appear as options when i send an email. I have deleted them from “contacts” but they still appear. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

does those contacts appear on webmail too? (for example if you use google then on google’s site).

regards
Jan

ji jan
no i only use EM Client. I do not use webmail etc

I need to know if this issue is server side or eM Client side, because this can be easily done by your server which restore your synchronized contacts after deletion.

please look at your webmail and write me back what email account provider do you use and if you have CardDAV/CalDAV or you use IMAP for contacts synchronization.

regards
JAn

i am checking that question with my IT chap.

meanwhile another small question pls - how can i change the time at which EM Client does its weekly backup pls?

all backup settings can be done here in Tools - Settings - General - Backup.

regards
Jan

yes i know but it doesnt allow me to change the actual time of the back up, only the day

run taskschd.msc - Task Scheduler Library - in top middle window you will see “eM Client Database backup” - right click on it - properities - Triggers Tab - Edit and there you can set time there.

regards
Jan

ok great thanks jan

hi jan - my IT guy replied as follows:

Your email provider is hosted email on a dedicated server running Courier (either POP or IMAP) and QMail (SMTP).

Unless you have changed setup you never used to use IMAP, just POP3, and although I have CardDAV and CalDAV services available they are not set up for you.

okay I have now solution, try to make new email. Write there contact who has been deleted from your contact list.

When his/her name appears there should be red cross on right side, that will delete him from history completely.

regards
Jan

excellent thanks - it works!

Hello,

I am glad that I could help!

regards
Jan

I also have this problem,but when I try to compose a new email,there is no red X to the right of the email addresses,so I have no way to delete them using this procedure.I am using the latest free version of eM Client.I am POP3 only.I have no contacts on my server website,only in eMClient.

Hi Sue, if there’s no red cross this means the contact is still saved in one of your contacts folder (possibly local folders).
You should be able to view and edit the recipients history in Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose, and use the “Show recipients” option.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul-
Thank you,once again.Those dead eMail addresses have been bugging me for years.Now they are gone.

Great, glad I could help, please let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.