Deleted a lot of emails & did not sync to my account & still on my webmail

I use emclient with my Gmail and few days ago I cleaned it up by deleting about 3000 emails that I didn’t want from within emclient, this reduced the number of my emails in Inbox from over 5000 down to 2067

However, today, I noticed that they were not removed from my Gmail.

I was searching for an email in my Gmail via Chrome and when I search for that sender, it showed a lot. the emails from that send in emclient jumps from 5/26/2017 to 6/26/2021 because I deleted all in between. but when I’m in Gmail via Chrome, it still has all the emails in between the two dates.

I closed emclient, waited couple of minutes, and then reopened in the hopes of it re-syncing to fix this; it popped up that there is an update & I updated it to the latest version, but still didn’t make a difference.

shouldn’t everything be syncing?

how can this be fixed and make sure it doesn’t happen again?

thanks in advance

Sounds like eM Client has gotten out of sync for some reason with your online Gmail account or something has happened to your online Gmail account which is then mirroring in eM Client.

If you go to Gmail online via the webpage, does that look ok ? If everything is looking ok online, then you have two options to get eM Client back in sync.

1). Try repairing Gmail in eM Client, via “Right clicking on All Mail” under your Gmail account and click “Properties at the bottom”. Then click the “Repair Tab” at the top and finally “Click Repair”. This re-syncs all your Gmail online Labels / folders to eM Client which can take time depending on how much email you have. That normally fixes out of sync Gmail.

2). The other option would be to “Remove your Gmail account” from eM Client and “Re-add at new”.

Note:- Backup first via “Menu / Backup” incase you need to restore for any reason.