Delete shortcurt broken

Since last update (beta 2) the delete shortcut (Ctrl+D) does not work anymore in opened messages. I also tried reassigning the shortcut, but this did not solve this issue.

bullguard continuslly blocks acses to google site i suspect outside interfearence i am not a computerwiz, i have no idea what to do, i suspect outside interference

Hi David,

Do you mean the mail preview or messages opened in a separate window? The default shortcut for deleting messages you have selected for preview is Del, you can however change it to Ctrl+D and it will work. The default shortcut Ctrl+D is for deleting mails already opened in a separate window.

Regards,
Dave

I meant the messages opened in a separate window.

Regards

David

Hello David,
what mail account does this problem happen on?

Regards,
Olivia

It happens on my imap account.

Hello David,
can you check if the shortcut it set correctly in the Tools>Settings>Shortcuts options for both Main and Mail widnows?
Does deleting a mail from the mail list in the main window work using the designed shortcut?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia

I did some research. Setting the shortcut to anything different than “Del” works. The key “Del” is apparently already bound to something else. When I open a mail I can delete the subject or the content with “Del”. I don’t think this should be possible.

In the mail list everything works as expected.

Regards

David

Hello David,
the Del key should work only in the Message list in the main window.
The shortcut Ctrl+D should work when the message is opened in a separate window.
Are you saying this shortcut works for you now?

Regards,
Olivia

No, it does not work.

I want to use the “delete” key to delete the email when opened in a separate window. To achieve that I changed the shortcut from Ctrl+D to Del and this does not work. Every other shortcut I tried works fine. In the previous version (eM Client 7 beta 1) I could change the shortcut as described above.

Regards

David

Hello David,
I see, the forum post made it sound like the Ctrl+D shortcut was the one that did not work.
I replicated the issue now and the issue should be resolved in the next version.

Regards,
Olivia

Great. Thank you very much.

ctrl+d also does not work for me.

But I accidentally pressed alt + d. This deleted mails. This shortcut DID NOT appear anywhere in the shortcut list. Worst thing about it : deleted mails from trash folder without any confirmation.
I assigned the phantom shortcut to another function in the list. So it will not bother me anymore.

Why did this alt + d shortcut not appear in the shortcut list? I see ctrl + d for delete.

I hate these archive, delete, dissapear my mail keyboard combinations. I never use other button than DEL when I need to remove a mail.