Delete mails after xx days

I am looking for a rule, to delete mails in my trash folder after e.g. 30 days. Is there a possibility?

Hi Robert, if you’re using IMAP this is usually a server option, to setup the “rule”, go to your webmail settings and the option should be somewhere in the settings,
let me know if you have any other questions or issues with the application, I’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, sorry I didn’t get it. I receive an email - download it from the server with my em client - and delete the mail, after I read it. So in my opinion, its in the em client folder with the deleted mails. And from this folder inside the em client program I need a rule, to delete it after several days. I do not understand the connection with the IMAP server. Does my em client synchronize the deleted mails with the server, so that they are deleted in my folder? [Why I ask: In thunderbird was a possibility in the option of the trash folder, to get automatically rid of old read emails - so you cleaned it from the harddrive]

Hi again Robert, there’s simply no option to delete mails from a certain folder after selected number of days.

If you’re using IMAP the trash folder should be synchronized with the server just as any other folder you have under your account. If this is the case, you should be able to setup the option to delete items after set number of days on your server.

eM Client currently does not have this feature, maybe in future releases.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.