Deactivated license on 2nd computer, first wont activate -- SOLVED -

installed on second computer, mistaken that I can’t use two with free only version, deactivated 2nd client but now can’t activate original license back on main desktop. Have original key from support, but main won’t take. No violation error, win 10.
Also, main desktop broke down and when repaired I lost a lot of different permissions on the system.
thx

aug 30, 2024. Okay here’s what I’ve discovered since yesterday. First, obviously I can’t have one free license on two computers. I attempted to install on my mac laptop while on an extended stay away from my only other system my desktop windows 10.

My desktop crashing is only a coincidence of timing and not the issue. The other item is I installed the most recent DIFFERENT version on the lap top - 9.2.2258 (7080479) which is also the mac version eMClient program and on my desktop win 10 is the one I’ve been using for quite some time - 9.0.1708 (2cfb4a5).

I have deactivated the mac and will uninstall later. Is there any way to be issued the license that was on my windows system, because I surmise the license being issued is for the newer mac version?
Thank you.

Yes if you have two computers and are wanting to use eM Client free for personal use on both, you need to have a separate free license for each computer. Or have a paid multi license.

You can also now optionally purchase a new V10 Personal license “which allows you to install eM Client on 3 devices” and gives you access to the full features. If your interested in that, see the following pricing page.

Is there any way to be issued the license that was on my windows system.

To recover your original license, go to the following page and enter your original registered email address and you will receive the key in your email. If you can’t access that in eM Client due to its not activated, go to your webmail online and then copy that to eM Client and activate it via “Menu / Help / License”.

Thank you but I’ve done all that and I am waiting for a response from eMClient personal about if they can locate my original license for my windows 10 that was automatically deactivated as per eMclient rules.

The most recent license activation was on my mac weeks ago. The license app is automated and I doubt it checks beyond the most recent active license, so they would see the mac maybe and not windows 10 that I’ve always used.

I’d like to know if support can do that as obviously the next step would be to uninstall and start over on my desktop where I was. Only a lead or eMclient person could do that.

Thanks again for your response.

The license app is automated and I doubt it checks beyond the most recent active license, so they would see the mac maybe and not windows 10 that I’ve always used.

The license is not tied to Windows or Mac OS specifically and only the device itself.

So if you have received the same license for your original email address you originally registered with via the forgot license link, and have deactivated that licence on your first computer and then cannot activate that same licence on your 2nd computer, then we would need to know what error you get when trying to activate it ?

Can you screenshot what the activation error says. Blank out anything personal.

It doesn’t respond just shows the same dialog box that one clicks in to input the license. Inputting the license just returns to that requester box with no info on the license data. And you may be wrong about the program between mac and windows. The standard restrictions are implemented that limit you to just reading emails already loaded.

I do appreciate the thought behind allowing the program to continue almost fully as that gives users the chance to backup data or trouble shoot. The programs that just lock you out when something fails are useless.

It was a new install on a mac and I would submit different licenses would be called for. Again, I’m not any kind of authority on this software so I don’t know that much.

Cyber … Just now I believe it has been resolved. Based on this post from July, my cng key isolation service was disabled for some reason. I started it and put it to active. I opened eMClient and it worked as normal. And I checked Help>Licence and it has info in the box now, which is blank if not activated. Thank you for your time in trying to assist me.

I will edit the title as ‘solved’

Stay safe.

GaryLeader

Jul 13

Something may be interfering with the connection to the server.

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN. Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this. Then restart eM Client and try again.

If that still doesn’t help, some apps turn off specific services that are required for licensing, so there are some you can check. Click on the Windows Start button and type Services. Open the Services option from the results. Check that both Cryptographic services and CNG Key Isolation are running. If they aren’t, start them.

Then try the activation again.

No the only time you need a different license is when you want to run eM Client on different computers / devices “at the same time”.

I have a Windows pc and a Mac and can definitely switch between the computers “with the same free single license” and as long as I deactivate the first computer and then activate the second computer and visa versa. Also if you login to a second computer and activate with the same free license, normally the 1st computer license “will automatically deactivate” to save you deactivating that first.

Based on this post from July, my cng key isolation service was disabled for some reason. I started it and put it to active. I opened eMClient and it worked as normal.

Great that you got it working and found that post from @Gary about the cryptographic cng key. Yes normally that is enabled. Could be an optionally program installed disabled it for some reason.