dbrepairrebuildall.exe

Hi,

I’m using eM Client in “a more portable fashion”, which means, it isn’t installed via it’s setup file.

I want to reduce the size of all the mail .dat files so I’d like to know:

Which registry key / file (content) does dbrepairrebuildall.exe check to find out where it’ll find all the .dat files?

At first I thought it will search for them in “%APPDATA%\eM Client” (which I don’t use for my “installation” but after copying all .dat files into this folder, dbrepairrebuildall.exe still doesn’t do anything.

Any hints?

eM Client’s database data are by default stored in the /AppData/Roaming/eM Client/ folder and nowhere else, so all your database content that’s being checked by the database repair tool should be located in the default storage folder.

You can however also re-setup the storage folder in the application settings.

Hi Paul,

so all your database content that’s being checked by the database repair tool should be located in the default storage folder.

And that’s what I tried…

eM Client files reside in: “D:\Users\Highend\Tools\eM Client\App”
The database files reside in: “D:\Users\Highend\Tools\eM Client\Data\Profiles\Highend”

So I copied all .dat files from “D:\Users\Highend\Tools\eM Client\Data\Profiles\Highend” to
“C:\Users\Highend\AppData\Roaming\eM Client”

But even if all database files are located in that folder, dbrepairbuildall.exe doesn’t do anything (after starting it from a command prompt).

Maybe it doesn’t work because I already modified the location path for the database files inside the options of eM Client:

Menü - Extras - Einstellungen…
Allgemein - Speicher
Datenbank-Verzeichnis: D:\Users\Highend\Tools\eM Client\Data\Profiles\Highend\

but as I already said in the first post, dbrepairbuildall.exe doesn’t do anything with the database files in that folder…

*Edit*: Forget that idea…
Even if I change the “Datenbank-Verzeichnis” back to “C:\Users\Highend\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” (all .dat files are already in there from the previous try), dbrepairbuildall.exe still doesn’t do anything.