Datensicherung auch die Anhänge mit sichern

Hallo wir haben eine Frage,
wie kann bei der Datensicherung auch die Anhänge mit sichern.

Version 9,1

Vielen Dank

MfG
sepp5000

Hallo,

soweit ich das sehe, werden bei POP3-Konten (bzw. “Lokale Ordner”) die Anhänge mit gesichert. Bei IMAP-Konten könnte das anders sein. Bei diesen Konten sichere ich die Anhänge bei Bedarf immer “händisch”. (Bei mir gibt es aus bestimmten Gründen noch viele POP3-Konten bzw. “Lokale Ordner”, was dazu führt, dass die gespeicherten Anhänge die Daten-Dateien erheblich vergrößern.)

Eine generelle Lösung, z. B. über die Einstellungen, ist mir nicht bekannt.

mfg
Ralf

You would need to set these two options in Menu > Accounts, in either the IMAP or Exchange tab depending on how the account is setup, then click on Save & Close. It may take a while if there are lots of messages that weren’t cached before, and you can monitor the progress in Menu > Operations. When that is done, backup using Menu > Backup, which will include the attachments.

All future messages will automatically be cached, so later backups will include everything.

1 Like

Hallo Ralf,

vielen Dank für die Hilfe .

Guss
sepp5000

Hallo Gary,
vielen Dank für die Hilfe es geht super.

Gruss
sepp5000

Hi Gary,

I have searched yesterday evening for this option, but I don’t see it. I must have had “dirt on my glasses”.

Many Thanks
Ralf

This setting is only available for IMAP, but not for POP3.

Yes, because with IMAP the primary storage is on the server. This setting allows you to cache all data in the event you are not connected to the server, and it also makes opening the messages quicker because they don’t have to be reloaded from the server every time you open them. It also allows you to backup the full message, including attachments, rather than just the headers.

With POP3 the storage is local, so everything is already stored on the device. There is no need to cache the messages.