Data Recovery of old emc instance

My wife’s computer (tablet) died. We have recovered the data from it which should include the migrated outlook files.

Where do I find the outlook files and how do I import them into the new copy of emc on the new machine?

Thanks,

David

There are two ways you can restore the account from the old computer.

1). If you have Windows and have the old Tablet user profile data and have been doing eM Client backups either automatically or manually, "copy the “C:\Users\yourname\Documents\EM Client” backup.zip files from the old tablet to the new computer (same folder).

Then after installing eM Client on the new computer, skip the email setup and click “Menu / File / Restore” and choose a backup to restore.

2). Alternatively if you don’t have any eM Client backups on your old tablet user profile, after installing eM Client on the new computer, close eM Client and go to “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” and delete everything in there.

Then copy everything from (this same) hidden roaming old tablet folder to the new computer same hidden roaming folder. Finally open eM Client which should then be the same as it was.

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful suggestions, but unfortunately I can not find any reference to the backup zip files in the tablet memory copy that I have. The only file I can find , of any size, is mail_data.dat.

Is there any way to extract/merge this file with the currently installed emc?

Thanks,

Dave

From my own experience, you have to extract the entire C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder “complete” from your old computer to your new computer or I doubt it will work at all.

The other option if you don’t have the complete roaming folder, would be if you have an eg: IMAP, Exchange, iCloud account, then just add your account as new to eM Client and your mail, calendar and contacts etc will all come back automatically. Its only if you have a POP account you carn’t do that.

Let me rephrase the question.

I want to recover the contents of mail_data.dat to a current installed and running emc. I want the contained mail to appear in the emc data tree under the local files heading - not merged with the current email.

How can I do this?

Dave