Dark Mode view for HTML message body?

Hmmm… I am using the dark theme and do not have the buttons in your capture. I’m on v9.0.1361. This is what my desktop looks like:

I know it must be something I’m missing in settings or… what?

Hmmm… I am using the dark theme and do not have the buttons in your capture. I’m on v9.0.1361. This is what my desktop looks like

What version of windows are you running?.

I only know there were some issues with older eg non suppoted Windows 7 OS users incase you have that OS. Need at least Win 10 or 11 now.

Good point - should have mentioned that.

I am on Windows 11 all updated to the most recent release.

Ah ok. That V9 you have definitely should show the dark and light icons top right of the body on your email in Windows 11. Strange.

Are you using the built-in eM Client dark theme in appearances in Menu / Settings / Appeance ?

Or another eM Client custom dark theme downloaded via the eM Client website themes ?

This one…

Ok. Sounds then like the eM Client V9 didn’t install correctly this happens with an body of email you open with the built-in Dark Theme as this has never been a problem in V8 or V9 with the Dark Theme.

Suggest to uninstall V9 and dont delete the database when asked on uninstall. Then reinstall v9.0.1361.

No joy. I uninstalled it as you suggested - keeping my database, restarted my machine, re-downloaded v9.0.1361 from the eM Client site for a fresh install, installed it and have the same result - capture is post all this…

Before I go Armageddon on it, what would be the effects of deleting the database as well and just starting over from scratch? All of my accounts (3 of them) are IMAP or Exchange, so eM Client will rebuild the folders, etc. I’d just have to spend a little time re-configuring it to my liking in settings. Would there be anything else?

Thanks for your time with this today…

You can change this behaviour by returning to the default setting in Menu > Settings > Mail > Read > Preferred Style.

Set the background color to Use color from theme, then click on Save & Close. You may have to restart eM Client.

1 Like

Really? It was as simple as that? That did the trick - thank you very much. I knew it would be something simple but it almost always gotta be a user issue, doesn’t it.

Thanks to both of you for your time.

1 Like

Hello! First - shout out for adding this feature! This is super great!

Just to confirm, the toggle dark/light only works in the message view (reading) mode? I am not able to find the toggle anywhere when responding or sending a new message. Am I missing where it is located or does it not exist there right now?

Yes it appears as far as I know “only when you receive emails in the body” to help you see certain emails like Google Play receipts. You wouldn’t normally use it to compose or forward.

V9 Blog and Video on this Dark Theme from eM Client support page which explains it.

https://www.emclient.com/assets/video/localized/en/Toggle-Dark-Light-mode.mp4

Toggle Dark and Light Mode

“Enjoy the benefits of dark mode with an option to see a message in the original colors if you need to”

https://www.emclient.com/blog/em-client-9—the-next-version-of-em-client-is-here-485