Damaged PDF when receiving email

When I tried to open attachment from email, I get the following message from Adobe Reader:

I am using Adobe XI and em client v6.0.22344.0

This happens for some attachment and some are fine. I can open the same attachment from a forwarded mail attachment from Outlook, but I can NOT  open from the original source.

Is there a way to “re-sync” the attachment? I’m sure the pdf on the exchange server is working fine.

Any suggestion is appreciated. 

Hello, please update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22504.0 and resynchronise the affected folders you’re experiencing issues with attachment download with. To re-sync the folder, please right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button.

Regards,

Thank you, Paul!

I downloaded and the “Repair” button does a resync for the full folder, and I can view PDFs now!

Any idea how to keep track of latest update? It always said I am on latest update even though I was outdated.

Hello again, glad it works, this is still an internal update and is only being pushed manually when somebody experiences the issue, however it will be a part of a future application update that should automatically be available while using the “Check for updates” option in the applications options.

Hope this helps, also make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Hi Paul,

I went through this process for my boss and now he can view PDFs! Yay! However, most of his folders he created in his inbox are gone in EM Client, but are visible in our server’s online email access. Can you help us get the folders back in EM Client? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Kind Regards,
Amy

Hello Amy, not quite sure what you’re suggesting by ‘gone’, are you using an Exchange account with eM Client? eM Client should automatically synchronise all your folders with the server, unless you’ve setup your folders to be hidden from the IMAP/EWS protocol connection.

Regards,