customize toolbar

Glad I could help, please let us know if you come across any other questions or issues, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Having customizable/movable top menus/toolbars will reduce waste of space on our desktops and increase efficiency. 
I hope devs will consider that as well. 

Thank you for your suggestion, note this feature is currently already under consideration.

Regards,
Paul.

Yea, I am also sitting on the fence waiting for features before I buy licenses.

Well, don’t know how many more requests and how much more time you need to implement this. There is no modern office software in which toolbars cannot be customised. It is very annoying and limiting having a toolbar clattered with buttons never used and lacking commands frequently used. I’ve been begging for this feature to come up since day one. I came across this “wishlist” today by chance, and I figure there must be hundreds of other uses wanting this feature but unaware that this communications channel exists.

Replying to add my request for this (seemingly basic) funtion

Hi,
Any news on the possibility that the toolbar will be customizable soon? Now using the free version, deliberating about pro, but… well, that sticky toolbar…
Geert

Hi Geert,
the toolbar will be customizable in the upcoming version 7.

Regards,
Olivia

This is good news, thanks!

WOW, this IS good news. Once the toolbar is customizable (and the pathetic INVITE TO EMCLIENT gone), I will purchase this software.

Great news. Now, do you have a timeline for v. 7.0 release?

Hi,
unfortunately there are no time estimates for the release yet, but any new information will be shared on our blog (http://www.emclient.com/blog) and facebook (www.fb.com/emclient).

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
Thanks for the update. Would be wonderful, I’ll be watching the progress via the blog.
Regards!

Just upgraded from v6 to v7 and with regrets. Any progress on the toolbars? First complaint is already 2yrs old and latest update on this is from 6mnt ago.
I frequently have to switch between Dutch and English. For version 6 it was already deep in the menu but now it takes a staggering 5 click to change to another spellchecker.

The toolbars are now customizable in version 7.

I would like to see more advanced customization though, like small or large icons and similar things, but nevertheless a first step is made.

Really?  I might have to try it out then.  I have been waiting a LONG time for customization.  What can be customized? Can the “INVITE TO EMCLIENT”  be disabled?

Invite is not even an option for the toolbar; it is now hidden in the Menu under “Help” (as it should)

@ Mike F, I see no toolbar Mike, apart from the word “Menu” in the upper left corner next to the logo, I see no toolbar. In v6, the items now in Menu pulldown, used to be in the toolbar.

I think it is important to be precise with the words. In most programs there is a “Menubar” and a “Toolbar”. The Menu used to be a Menubar in Version 6 and has now been - as in most modern programs and even websites / webUIs - been reduced to a menubutton. Think Firefox or Google Chrome, where this is standard for many years. For eMClient to go this way in version 7 is the right decision in my personal view and it should not be too hard to get used to that. Then there is the “Toolbar” where the often used functions are placed and in most programs this is customizable and solved by icons only or icon/text combinations. Sometimes choices are offered next to the icon with little arrows. As a WebUI-designer these are design-choices I see and use every day now myself as what is considered modern and best practice. eMClient has moved in that direction in version 7 with the toolbar that has the “NEW” button similar to Googles / Gmails action button and the customizable centered toolbar with the “reply” “mark” “move to junk” etc. that every user no can customize to her/his liking. Mostly at least, but with the most useful options in my opinion already. Being a UI-designer myself I would expect and like to see more options for power users in the area of theming and a few more consistencies for most users in the area of basic UI decisions. But I do like where this is going from 6 to 7 and would consider this a major move to a more modern app and UI :slight_smile:

Dear Andreas Giesen,

Good that you put it straight about menu bar and tool bar. All clear so I mean the menu bar.

I do agree that from a visual point of view V7 looks better than V6.

However,

Good software also allows the user the reach his/here goal in a logical way with a minimum amount of effort (mouse clicks). In V6, 3 mouse clicks were required to change the spellchecker which is a lot already if you need function frequently. Now it is 4.

Everything that used to be accessible via menu bar is now 1 click further away. That is a step back.

Sorry, but I therefore can not agree v7 is better than v6.