Currently i am working on old em client system and i wanted to move to new system

Currently i am working on old em client system and i wanted to move to new system but i done backup from old to new but not restore to new system help me??? both system are win 7 and both are running well.no corruption in data

i take manual backup also and that zip file i save it to new system document path and restore it but no use

Hi Manoj. Are the two versions of eM Client different?

If you were trying to restore a version 6 database to a version 7 eM Client, that will not work directly. After the restore you would be presented with the import dialogue. If you skipped that, then there would not be any data in the version 7 database.

You can always begin the import again by going to Menu > File > Import > eM Client 6.

If they are the same version, or at least both 7.1.x, it should work just fine, but you can manually copy C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ from the one computer to the other. eM Client needs to be closed on both computers to do this, otherwise it will not work. Preferably delete the existing folder on the new computer first, in case there are any temporary files there.

If you are moving from 6 to 7, you can also do the manual copy, but then you need to do the import from version 6 afterwards.