Creating second account (i.e. second e-mail address)

I need to change my web provider, which also provided my e-mail addrress, which is closing down. I have created a new e-mail address and a diversion to forward messages to that address to my current address, which works fine.

But how do I deal with the eM side of things.? I have gone to Menu/Accounts, where most things look fine, except the stated password, which has 9 characters. My eM password has 8 characters, and I’ve just logged out and back in with that 8 character password. So firstly how do I reveal that 9 character password code to amend it?

Despite that I moved on a stage to Add Account, entered my e-mail address and pressed Start, and it started some searching, asking presumably for the 9 digit password, which of course I don’t know, ending up with “The server was found, but authentication failed, Check email address and password”, not unexpectedly.

What am I doing wrong??

I have no idea where you see the 9-character password limitation.
The only password you will need when you set up your new email account in eM Client is your new email provider’s password. And not any other.

Thanks, I’ve found what I did wrong and have the second e-mail address up and running, with two addresses at the top left hand corner of the screen.

BUT ALL MY E-MAILS FOR BOTH ADDRESSES, EXCEPT 5 RECEIVED ON THE DAY I CREATED MY NEW ADDRESS, HAVE DISAPPEARED.

I’VE LOGGED OUT AND BACK IN AND JUST THE SAME

WHAT HAS HAPPENED?

LAST BACK-UP ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO, BUT MANY OVER RECENT DAYS UNANSWERED.

miércoles 26 abril 2023 :: 1315hrs (UTC +0100)

The FIRST thing you need to do is to setup Backup to run automatically here:
Menu ->Settings ->General ->Backup ->Enable periodic backup
Frequency: 1day
Preserve: 5 backups
The oldest will drop off

Now, do you use IMAP or POP3? - This is IMPORTANT

Did you have Local Folders enabled?
If you did and it has disappeared do this:
Menu ->Settings ->General ->In Right panel scroll down to:Show local folders
¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks. Basically I now think I’m not experienced enough for eM. It was suggested to me by a friend about 6 years ago, and then I found he didn’t use it and couldn’t help me. No problems in 6 years until now.

I will follow your automatic back-up procedure - how could I have known that the option was in Settings? I have always gone to Back-up.

Local Folders are I presume “enabled” - they are still there as before, containing mail on specific subjects and thus easy to find eve3n if old, as are “Drafts” and “Sent”. It is only the Inbox that disappeared when I got my second address up and running yesterday.

But late yesterday I found a second problem. I can only receive Incoming mail sent to my new address and only I know that address as of today. Both addresses appear at the top of the left-hand column and if I alternate between them the relevant address appears at the very top of the screen.

I’ve been sending my messages from my wife’s computer and only those addressed to my new address get to the Inbox.

Any ideas - many thanks in advance.

miércoles 26 abril 2023 :: 1822hrs (UTC +0100)

You have not answered my original question as below.

Now, do you use IMAP or POP3? - This is IMPORTANT

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

using IMAP sorry

Martin