Creating folders under "Inbox"

I am beyond frustrated.  I have tried numerous times to set up subfolders under the “Inbox” folder.  I used the “Create Rule From…” function; that worked until I closed the program and re-opened it.  The folders I created were gone.  I also tried just creating a new file under the “Inbox” but the folders disappeared that way too.  What and exactly how can I set up subfolders under the “Inbox” folder and get them to stay there?  I do NOT want to have to re-create them every time I open the eM Client program.  Thanks for any help or directly you can provide. 

Not sure what your problem is. I’ve had no problems- right click on “Inbox” & select “New Folder” ???

I tried that too.  Highlite “Inbox” and right click.  Then “New Folder.”  The sub-folder was created.  But after I closed and then re-opened the program later, the new folders that I had created were gone. 

I had to set up folders under “Local Folders”. Don’ know why, but it works there. No problem making subfolders there either.  HTH.

Curious, Peggy.  That didn’t work for me either.  Anyone?  I solved the problem (temporarily) by creating new subfolders under my email address (ie., the subfolders are now on the same tier as the “Inbox” rather than under “Inbox” as I would prefer. 

Who is your email provider, Lynne? It may be an issue with that server and the way eM Client connects to it.

You should not have any issues adding sub-folders to Inbox in Local Folders. If you can’t see the Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Thanks Gary.  My service is through Frontier; is that what you mean?  I was using Outlook 2016 before moving to eM Client.  And the box for the “Show Local Folders” is checked. 

I am not familiar with Frontier, sorry. Some very few email providers limit the number of folders you can create, so that could be it with the IMAP folders. Best is for you to contact them.

That you can’t create sub-folders of the Local Folders Inbox, is a problem. You can try starting eM Client with a blank database, and see if that fixes anything. Close eM Client, and then rename C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ to something else. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.

When you restart eM Client an new blank database will be created. Skip the account installation, and enable Local Folders in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders. Now go to the Inbox, and right-click and select New Folder. See if that is possible.

If you want to go back to your old database, close eM Client and delete the C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. Then rename the old one back to \eM Client. Restart eM Client.