Create themes?

I have changed every single tag to a different color, imported the thing back to em client and and it doesn’t do a damn thing.

I have no clue as to why this would be. It makes zero sense.

Im a c++ programmer… WTF!

Hello,

This sounds really weird but have you imported the right theme? Sometimes one overlooks that he does not use file he wants to.

regards
Jan

The only way I can alter any element is to save my file. completely exit my editor, go back into em client, delete the old theme and import the theme again.

And I am only able to change a few elements. There are some elements that will not be altered no matter what I do… Buttons for example… Notta…

If you are altering theme that you have set up as active try after every change you want to see in action “F12” button in eM Client, it works as refresh exactly for this.

regards
Jan

f12 does nothing confirmed.
in order to implement changes I HAVE TO delete the active theme and reimport it.

Buttons will not change color no matter what i do.
Just in an attempt to test this, I searched all buttons and replaced them with #A3B6CC. THere is no combination of “things” that will allow this to work.

Just terrible.

Hello,

in this case can you please send me your theme to: [email protected] together with this topic’s URL: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

regards
Jan

im just going to build an editor in vb.net if i an figure out the eliments/tags.

ill treat it like an ini file

Hello,

ok then, please keep us informed about any further problems.

regards
Jan

I will say that I can continuously confirm that
f12 does nothing.
And deleting and re importing the theme is the only way I can effect a change.

I tested this again by simply saving a color theme, and making one change.
The change did not take effect until I delete the reference in the themes window and than import it again.

Is there any reference as to what the xml tags represent?
The naming convention is not intuitive, and the descriptions are not accurate.

Hello George, thanks for your theme! It mixes well with my Zetro visual style. I hope you will be inspired to make some more…

I have an idea,

when you click on Import in Tools - Settings - Appearances - Themes, do you work on template exported do desktop or on theme that appeared in “Template” folder in C:\Users\current user\AppData\Roaming\eM Client ?

because you need to work on this one.

regards
Jan

Well that would explain things…
I work on the one that it places by default in my docs

Why not have it place the “saved” file in C:\Users\current user\AppData\Roaming\ to begin with, and disallow over writing the default file names?

Ok thats working now.

I have another issue.

MainFormGridHeaderStart (will not transition into a gradient)
MainFormGridHeadermiddle (does transition to bottom)
MainFormGridHeaderend. (does transition to middle)

So the mainformgridheader is a solid bar followed but a gradient

Thanks George, looks great !

Hello,

unfortunately me and colleague answerable for this do not understand what do you mean by this, can you please attach here a screenshot with issue you want to be resolved?

regards
Jan

wow really…

The MainFormGridHeader has three color attributes that are supposed to blend into gradients.

The top (start)
The middle (center)
And the bottom. (end)

The top element turns into a solid bar if altered.

the bottom two work normally.

I have sort of lost interest in this whole thing as its too buggy
I created the interface in vb.net to alter values in theme file.
But Im not going to spend the time to create a graphic interface for the changes when nothing acts as predicted.

Thanks anyway

Hello,

I am sad that I read this, but you’re welcome anyway.

with regards
Jan

Sorry John,

But I dont see the point in continuing this.
I see the same results on a laptop and 2 desktop pcs. and 3 virtual machines.
there is really no reason at this point to spend a a week knocking out and editor even for myself, if the results are not predictable.

Actually this editor could be done in a day or two in reality. Its pretty simple stuff honestly

yes editor would be easy to made, but we have no time to spend it on this now, there are bugs and more required bugs that needs our attention.

anyway our developers will take a look this as that solid/gradient issue in a time.

regards
Jan

Hi George, I took your theme and made a Pink Frost for us girls… I’m not sure how to host the file so that other people can download it! If I give the file to you, can you host it and post the link?