Crashing Email Client

I have a brand new computer installed with Windows 8.1.  Email client was installed and working fine until yesterday it will not open up.  When I click on the icon, the icon goes into my task bar. When I hover over the icon in the task bar I can see a mini-view of the application, but when I hover over the mini-view, it will not open up. I’ve tried double clicking on the icon but still it does not open up. It may very well be “operator error”’; I’m still trying to get used to Windows 8.1 upgraded from windows XP… (oh so much easier)! Does anybody have any suggestions?  Fortunately I have Email client loaded on my older machine (running windows XP), so I am still receiving my email. I like Email client very much; it was easy to install, easy to update my contacts (from outlook 2000). 

signed: bconnick

hey Barry 

Try this. Press shift and right click on the eM Client icon on the taskbar and choose Move. once your cursor turns into the move icon (4 directional arrow), press one of the directional arrows on your keyboard. This should make the mouse snap to the window and then you just have to move the mouse back to the monitor. 

that or while eM Client is selected on the taskbar press Win +Shift + right/left. this should cause it to ‘switch monitors’ if it thinks that the window is open on another monitor. 

If eMClient does not shut down properly, it is programmed to go into a repair mode to check whether the database has been corrupted before it will boot up again.  It is possible this is what you are experiencing.  Depending on the size of your database, this process can take a while.  I have more than twenty email addresses and a huge archive, so for me it takes 20 minutes or more. Once this routine is complete, the program will continue to boot up.  Reboot your machine. Click on eMClient.  If it does not open completely, you should see a small box with the repair routine operating.  Wait until it has completed.  

If this is not what you are experiencing, I’m not able to help.  Someone from Support will need to work with you.

Thank you for your quick response…While trying to resolve another unrelated issue in order to work on your solution, the problem resolved itself.??? I happened to right click on the icon while it was on the “start up” menu, I noticed that it had “run as administrator”. I did this and voila…the program opened up as it should. Thank you.

Thank you for your quick response…While trying to resolve another unrelated issue in order to work on your solution, the problem resolved itself.??? I happened to right click on the icon while it was on the “start up” menu, I noticed that it had “run as administrator”. I did this and voila…the program opened up as it should. Thank you