Crashes when trying to print emails

Hoping someone can help. I’ve recently bought EMC to use for my business. However, it seems that when I press ‘print’ it crashes constanly.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m using a MAC & receive emails through fasthosts servers, not gmail or outlook.

Hoping someone can help. I’ve recently bought EMC to use for my business. However, it seems that when I press ‘print’ it crashes constanly.

Do you even get to the Print Preview screen ?

Also what version of eM Client for Mac are you running.?

Also what Mac OS version do you have.?

Hi Mate,

No it just crashes without opening the print screen.

The version is 9.2.2041

I am on MAC 10.15.7

I am on MAC 10.15.7

I don’t have that issue on Mac OS 13 Ventura, so it could be eM Client 9.2.2041 needs a later OS.

I would suggest if you have an Intel Mac (which I suspect you have), to update to at least Monterey OS12 and try printing again.

Now If your Mac cannot upgrade to Monterey, then (if you were able to print with the earlier V9 release), I would then go to the release history page and download eM Client V9.2.1841 for Mac and reinstall and try printing again.

Note: If you install the older V9.2.1841, you will normally need to “remove V9.2.2041 mail account” via eM Client / Accounts option, and then “uninstall eM Client and start new again from scratch”, as the mail database normally is not compatible when you install older eM Client versions.

Now If the older V9.2.1841 still crashes printing on your Mac OS 10.15.7 and you carnt upgrade to Monterey, then suggest to install eM Client version 8.2.1721 from the release history page and see if that Prints ok.

Note: Again as advised above, if you do try the older eM Client version 8.2.1721 for Mac, then you will need to delete your mail account in eM Client and then uninstall and setup as new, as V9 mail database is definitely not compatible with V8 database.

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply, it’s really appreciated. I think you are right that I need to buy a new MAC ha ha & that its that that may be causing the problem. With that said, I rebooted the MAC a couple of times & it seems to be working ok for the time being. I will keep my fingrs & toes crossed that it continues to do so.

Many thanks again for taking the time to help, I greatly appreciate it.

Paul

Well, I just updated EM Client to 9.2.2144 & it’s crashing again when I try to print. It has been working fine up until now (it just stopped crashing as per the problem above) & has worked flawlesasly up until I just upgraded it.

The problem I have is I run my own business & I cant afford to keep sitting here while its checking the database, & then doesnt print when it has, I’m losing money not being able to answer my emails to prospective clients.

To be honest i’m just thinking of going back to Apple Mail, (I’d rather not as I do like EM Client), but, it just works with no problems. Is there a way I can get a refund as i’m using the fully paid versiuon?

Paul

Unfortunately there is no guarantee that eM Client will run on the older MacOS versions, and we officially support only the last 3. You should upgrade to at least Monterey to use eM Client reliably.

We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you purchased eM Client within that period we can certainly refund the purchase.

1 Like

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I can’t go any higher than Catalina on my Mac (cant afford a new Mac just yet, waiting for the M3 to appear). I have had EMC for over 30 days now. I will see what happens tomorrow & make a decison then, have a great night.

Paul