crash on closing

when i start the computer, after shutting down normallly and clsoing all programs, it says em client was stopped abruptly and need to check/validate data , and than goes on checking all data/mail folders for a long long time.  i can meanwhile start my old mail client, and finish my job!!!

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you please check if the application is running as a background process if you close it, in your Task Manager? Are there any errors thrown by the application?

What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server?

Thank you,

Have the same issue. Application does not terminate. In task  manager mailclient.exe is still active.
Program version 6.0.22344.0 on Windows XP

To answer the other questions: no further errors with em client. Using Avast Antivirus, but deactivating avast does not help with error…

Hello, unfortunately please note that Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system, it’s support has been shutdown by Microsoft on April 2014. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to determine if this can be caused by a system bug or an application issue.
If the process is in the Task Manager, you can run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and submit the stack dump file created to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic, for more information about this issue.

Please run the utility once you close the application, but can find the eM Client process in the task manager.