Copying Local Files To Import Into EM Client On Another PC

Afternoon…

I use Em Client to run parallel with my Outlook.

I am setting up a new PC and want to copy the local files on EMC to import into a new installation of EMC.

Don’t need the emails, I only keep about 15 or so emails in my inbox, but I do need the local files on the new installation of EMC.

How do I manage that?

I’ve tried looking everywhere on the forum, can’t actually see any solution.

Thank you, in advance.

I would just backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” which puts a dated backup.zip file in your profile Documents / eM Client folder.

Then copy that backup.zip file to the same folder location on your new computer.

Then install eM Client on your new PC and skip the initial setup and then restore your backup.zip via “Menu / File / Restore”.

Lastly then delete whatever emails you don’t want on your new PC, so you then just keep the local files.

Note: If you have an eg: IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud (Non POP account), then if you delete the emails on your new PC, they will automatically delete on your old PC too.

CZ,

Excellent…Thank you so very much.

One other question: If I created a new fold under my inbox, could I just move the Local Files to that newly created folder, meaning they would now be on our servers, rather than on my drive?

Just as an alternative…That way when I set up the new PC, everything would download from our servers, and I would do away with the local folders.

Again, thank you…

One other question: If I created a new folder under my inbox, could I just move the Local Files to that newly created folder, meaning they would now be on our servers, rather than on my drive?

Yes if you moved those local folder files to a folder or label under an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account, they would then be stored in your cloud mailbox space & no longer local.

Note: After you drag / move your local files to your new cloud account folder, click “Show Operations” in the dropdown on the right of “Refresh” at the top left (to see when thats fully completed). As when you move them, they will appear to move straight away, but will still normally be uploading to your folder account space for a short time.

CZ,

Thank you for all your assistance. I will try this today and let update you…