Copy sent to current

I am using Thunderbird for years. I organised all my mail in folders. When sending a mail I can select a folder to store the sent mail. I am using a very nice add-on ‘copy sent to current’ for that functionality. Very often when Thunderbird is updated the add-on no longer functions which is quite a disaster for me. (cannot blame the developer, its free).
Does such a functionality exists in EM Client? I am willing to buy the paid version if this is a basic functionality (which it should be IMHO :wink: )

PS: I searched but in this forum I only found old posts on this subject.

viernes 09 octubre 2020 :: 1520hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Kees

Yes, you can create rules that will automatically move sent & received to
any folder of your choice.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

I think you can use rules only to define folders where sent messages that fulfil certain conditions will be stored. I think Kees wants to select the storage folder of the to-be-sent message manually when writing it; or to store the sent message in the folder that was opened before writing the message. I don’t think eM Client can do this.

1 Like

Thank you @skybat Skybat. I understand but I have 50+ (project) folders. It is almost impossible to automate that. People are often very bad in using correct subjects. That’s why I do not want to do it automated. (in the TB addon I can select also ‘recent folders’ 90% of my mails fit in those)

You’re right @eisbaer

viernes 09 octubre 2020 :: 1604hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Kees

The number of project folders is irrelevant providing your system has the processing ability; I have considerably more project files than you mention, 156 at the last count some with multiple sub-folders, plus I receive a selection of copy emails from 15 offices on a weekly basis.
You simply, I accept a massive prospect from scratch, need to setup complex rules, plus I use RegEx within rules (my own addition) to look for identify and sort based on sent and or received email address, key words in header, subject, body etc.
If you are uncertain why not run the eMC trial to find out for yourself.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

Thanks again @skybat. Of course I can spent a lot of time making rules. But in TB there exists a simple addon which does immediately what I want. The addon has a 5 star rate so a lot of people like it. I have tried EM Client a few years ago and was impressed. Only switched back to TB for this functionality. I think adding this wish would be EM Client more valuable. (and to be honest: I don’t think it is very complex to implement. Present -when selected- the folder structure when sending and a ‘recent’ list)