Copy and paste image not working mac

copy and paste image not working mac

1 copy an image - from apple notes for example with ⌘ C

2 go to an email and paste with ⌘ V - does not work

Try the latest eM Client for Mac version 9.2.2202 just released via the release history page.

Apart from that, go to your Mac OS system / keyboard shortcuts / modifier keys to check the shortcut command keys have not been switched to something else.

new release works with right mouse click paste

thanks cyberzork!

1 Like

1 i am using 9.2.2202

2 i tried unmapping short keys for use with my windows keyboard on my mac

still not working

i can send video

2 i tried unmapping short keys for use with my windows keyboard on my mac

still not working

If you want to copy & paste pictures from Apple Notes to an eM Client email message with the shortcut keys or using the right click copy & paste option, first “dbl-click on the picture / image in Notes” which will then open the Mac “Preview program” or whatever Mac image preview program you have set as default.

Then use the Apple shortcut keys ⌘ C and ⌘ V (or whatever keys you have set in the OS) to copy and paste the image from the Preview program into eM Client, or Right click copy on the image in the Preview program & then Right click paste into eM Client. This method works 100% every time for me using the latest eM Client for Mac.

As if you just try and copy the image in Notes directly to eM Client “without first dbl-clicking the image in Notes”, it normally won’t paste into and eM Client html message, as “it doesn’t copy the bitmap image / picture properly to the Mac OS clipboard”. Some limitation or problem with Apple Notes and Images when copying directly to other programs.

Eg: If i try to copy and image directly from Apple Notes and paste it into Pinta Paint program on Mac which is one of the best Paint programs on Mac, it says its not a valid image. However if i first dbl-click that same image in Apple Notes and then copy and paste that image from the Mac Preview program, it then pastes into Pinta Paint fine.

Googling this issue, its been a problem for years copying and pasting images / pictures directly from Notes to other apple programs. Hopefully Apple fix that in the OS one day.

1 Like

cyberzork - thanks again!!

it is weird because copy and paste with ⌘ C and ⌘ V work just fine with apple notes and

• chrome trello
  • chrome asana
  • native slack app
  • apple messages
  • microsoft word

but not with

• graphic converter

Just tried pasting a screenshot into eMC 9.2.2202 with cmd+v under OSX 12.7.1 and it works totally as expected. Also tried to to copy a picture from an LibreOffice file, by marking it and then using cmd+c and then pasting it into eMC with cmd+v. Also works perfectly.

i don’t use Libre Office. i use apple notes.

see video i uploaded to youtube

@DocMike

Just tried pasting a screenshot into eMC 9.2.2202 with cmd+v under OSX 12.7.1 and it works totally as expected.

That works because when you take a screenshot on the Mac “that writes a standard bitmap image .png file” which then can be copied and pasted into any html mail program or paint programs etc as per the screenshot example properties below where i took a snippet of my Mac desktop & it wrote a .png file.

Also tried to to copy a picture from an LibreOffice file, by marking it and then using cmd+c and then pasting it into eMC with cmd+v. Also works perfectly.

From testing copying pictures from Libra Office into eM Client, i suspect the difference why it copies and pastes ok into eM Client or any other program, is its “using standard opensource programming” and not some proprietary Mac OS programming. Libra Office appears to copy the image correctly to the OS clipboard. So whatever way Libra Office programmers are copying it works compared to Apple Notes programmers.

Whatever Apple do inside Notes when a picture goes in there, doesn’t seem to then be a normal bitmap picture format anymore. Or if it is a normal standard bitmap format when it goes in Notes, then Apple Notes has a bug where its not copying the bitmap image properly out again via the clipboard with the shortcut keys, so it won’t then paste into other standard html mail clients or paint programs etc.

As per the message below if you try to copy and paste Apple Notes pictures into programs such as Pinta or eM Client with the shortcut keys ⌘ C and ⌘ V, you get the error “the image cannot be pasted due to the clipboard doesn’t contain an image” or you get a “blank no image” as in eM Clients case.

(Copying an picture directly from Apple Notes using the copy and paste keys into Pinta).

So as i said previously this is a Notes issue & the only way around it is to first "dblclick the image in Notes, so it first opens in the Mac Preview Program and then copy and paste it from there via the shortcut keys. So if you want this issue fixed, you will need to speak to Apple who program Notes.

Tried with image from notes.
cmd-v doesn’t work in eMC here either.

Create new file from clipboard works in Photoline but not in Affinity Photo.

cmd+v into other apps:
Libre Office: No
Microsoft Word: Yes
Vivaldi Email: No
WhatApp: Yes
Mozilla Thunderbird: Yes

As Thunderbird is Open Source, there might be some hint hidden inside, how they do it. However it might be quite cumbersome to find.