Conversation view in message lists but not message detail

Hi

I may be missing something but is there a way to get ‘conversations’ (I would call them threads) grouped in the messages list window, collapsed by default with a + next to them to expand them - the same way that you can ‘group by threaded’ in Thunderbird ? I would like to do this and turn off ‘conversations’ view in the message detail ?

I’m moving from Mac Mail and Thunderbird and on the whole I really like the feel of eM Client, but just can’t seem to work out how to turn this option on.

regards

Mat

Sorry, can’t do it.  Emc (for better or worse) chose to emulate the gmail format with the conversations in the message detail and messages grouped together in the list.

Damn, so close but no cigar. I’ve never understood this way of displaying messages. I’ve always thought the messages list should contain the the ‘meta-data’’ and structure of the messages and the message view should only display the message you’ve selected from the message list.

Some threaded messages I have are past 7 or 8 deep and when you get to that stage the ‘conversation headers’ at the top of the message view occupy more than the visible message view space so I have to actually scroll down to start reading the message content which is rubbish when you are flicking through your messages looking for something.

Hopefully there may be an option in the future to choose between the two different styles of threading messages by conversation and I’ll come back and give it another go. meanwhile back to thunderbird :frowning: - looks horrible but does what I need.

Mat

Hello Mat,
you can change the Conversations view in Menu>View>Conversations.
Either usi it in all views, just the Message detail or disable them completely.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Oliva

Thanks for the reply, but as I explained above, this isn’t what I was looking for.

Regards

Mat

Hello Mat,
sorry to hear that you do not like the Conversation options in eM Client.
I’ll mark down your suggestion to our feature request list and see what our developers think about it.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Oliva

Thanks for the reply. I look forwards to seeing what the developers  response is, apart from the conversation view behaviour I think emClient is excellent mail client and love it. Unfortunately I rely on message threading quite heavily in my work and don’t think I could live with the way it is currently implemented.

Regards

Mat

I completely agree with the OP. The conversation view in eM, modeled after GMail’s, is nowhere near as efficient as the threaded view (available for example in Outlook).

I would much prefer to use eM for Exchange Mail, but given the extreme threading I have to cope with, conversations in eM is not helping at all, so unfortunately I have to go back to Outlook (reluctantly).

Regards,
Rique Santiestevan