Conversation view - descending order - please

I thought that I read that v8 finally addressed that messages in conversation view had the newest message on bottom of the list. This does not appear to be the case.

Having the newest message at the top of the list is an oft requested feature. Is this feature on the product roadmap?

3 Likes

I proposed this same thing a few years back, and even though it got a few comments, it is unclear whether it will be considered. See order of messages in conversations

1 Like

‘The order currently CANNOT be changed, but it’s being considered for the future versions of eM Client. - 21 Jun 2018’

This was 3 years ago. eM Client’s reasoning was that ‘the current style of conversations we implemented is inspired by Gmail’.

If we wanted Gmail’s style, we would use Gmail. Are there still plans to fix this?

I bought it and its 2023 and wish I saw this tread earlier. Really hate that it is missing really basic functionality. I hate seeing my messages backwards.

The feature is already there for Pro license users.

In the message list you can see the thread view of the conversation with the newest message at the top. But in the preview pane, where you read the message, they are displayed in the natural reading order, so newest at the bottom.