Continuously looses connection to IMAP server, have to go to diagnostics to reset multiple times daily

eM client continuously looses connection to IMAP server, settings are correct. I will get an error message, cannot connect to server. Go to accounts, settings diagnostics and everything checks ok. Then it will start working again. Very troubling, any ideas would be appreciated.

Have updated to latest version same results.

Check that you have the correct security policy for the port you are using.

Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

If that does not help, disable your anti-virus and firewall application, then try again.

Thanks Gary,

IMAP and SMTP settings below and as suggested except SMTP is port 587. I have tried creating a special inbound firewall rule for em client to see if that helps. My problem is intermittent throughout the day and when I notice no emails coming in I go to diagnostics in em client and after they check ok mails will eventually start coming through again?

Host on both is mobile.charter.net

IMAP Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
SMTP Port 587 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Ah! eM Client is not compatible with Charter servers. They use a non-standard form of IMAP that requires the client to fetch messages on a schedule. eM Client uses IDLE IMAP, which means it waits for the server to send notification of changes to the inbox. So they both just sit there waiting for the other to make the first move.

eM Client will sync with the sever when you first start the application, and when you run diagnostics, but otherwise it is unlikely.

BTW, the correct security policy for SMTP port 587 is Force usage of SSL/TLS, but that is for sending so will not make any difference to the incoming messages.

Thanks again that solves it, guess time to find another email application for my desktop.