contacts unavailable

I can’t import contacts, nor create a contact manually. The folder lists for the contacts is blank and I can’t enter a value. Importing a .csv file shows a green bar and says 60 contacts have been imprted, but no sign of them in the application. What might I be doing wrong?

Hi, what version of eM client are you currently using? What mail service are you using are you using a CardDAV based service? Can you make a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Version is 6.0.21040.0, service is runbox IMAP, screenshot is posted below:

Hi again, please navigate to the contacts folder in eM client in the main window?
Are you able to see your contacts folder under your account listed there?

Where did you import your contacts? Did you select the destination for your contact import?

Thank you,
Paul.

I get the ‘This folder contains no items and no operation can be performed’ message when I click on ‘Contacts’ on the main window. There is no Contacts folder in my profile under …\AppData\Roaming, I tried putting one in there it made no difference. The destination box in the import wizard just offers ‘My Contacts’ as the import folder and I can’t change that.

I can’t believe I’m the only one with this issue - more comments please!

Can you please make a screenshot of the window (that displays “this folder contains no items…”).
Also your Roaming folder should not contain a contacts folder, however please note that interfering with the database folder may result in a broken database causing an inability to use the application with such database.

Thank you,
Paul.

Interestingly this is what I get if I try to save a contact using the r-click menu on the ‘From’ lline in a received message:

This is the other window Paul mentioned:

Before giving up on this junk, I just might try a re-install before going back to Alpine!

By the way the profile folder in …\ AppData\Roaming contains these files - do they look right?

Hi again, there’s really no need to access the Roaming folder.
It seems like you don’t have a contacts account setup, make sure you have such service setup in eM Client or enable local folders in Tools > Settings > General > Show local folders.

Then you can import your contacts into Local folders and find your contacts in this local file.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thanks Paul,enabling local folder seems to have solved the problem!

Great, glad I could help, please let us know if you come across any other questions or issue, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.