Contacts in Database being Elusive

Is there a way to have the contacts database checked for errors?
I am finding that when typing the start of a name in the To: CC: or BCC: boxes there are some names known (and checked) to be in the contacts list but which don’t get offered in the dropdown found list.

It may be pertinent that there has been at least one time when the computer was interrupted by a power supply failure but on restart the databases were checked automatically and the eMC resumed normal operation.
Dave

This may have some relevance, as it does have instructions for repairing the contacts:

1 Like

Thanks for your speedy response.
It seems to suggest that the contacts database is stored on the mail server. I have just checked the account via cPanel and there are no contacts stored there. So I assume the db is stored in my hard drive. The account is not synced with any other mail account.
The inconsistency of automatically finding recipients when I type the first letters is the problem, so I was thinking that if there was a check/ rebuild database option I would use it.

The inconsistency of automatically finding recipients when I type the first letters is the problem, so I was thinking that if there was a check / rebuild database option I would use it.

“If you have Windows and you want to run the database repair manually, close eM Client and run the following command in the dos prompt:”

“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dbrepair

Note: Backup eM Client first though via “Menu / Backup” incase you need to restore. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.