contacts from google missing names

After adding my google contacts account to eM & syncing about 1300 contacts, I noticed that many (several dozen) of the contacts come through with nothing in any of the “name” fields.  It’s difficult to determine what other info is missing without going through each one individually, but I’ve confirmed that Groups, Email, and Notes seem to be coming through for those same contacts with no problem.

I tried adding the account to eM from scratch, with the same results.  It appears that the same contacts are the problem ones.  Names are visible in the Google Contacts web interface, but not in eM.

Forcing the name field to update by editing it in Google Contacts fixes the problem, but forcing the card to update by editing one of the other fields does not. 

I think this may be related to the phenomenon where Google Contacts will auto-fill the name field if you add an email address that is linked to a google plus account without first adding the name for that contact manually.  It seems to store the “linked name” differently from a manually-added name - presumably so that it will auto-update if someone changes their name.

Hi Mitch, thank you for reporting this issue to us, can you please specify what version of eM Client you’re currently using on your computer and check the exact release number in Help > About?

I’m unfortunately unable to reproduce this issue using our google accounts, so if possible, do you think you could make a screenshot of the invalid contact displayed in your eM Client installation and copy the source code of the vcard file? Right click the contact and select display as vcard, copy the content of the vcard file and submit it to us here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul

Version is 6.0.21372.0

Vcard is below (I’ve replaced “gmail” with gXXXX" to foil any email-harvesting robots.)

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
UID:1a352d16-cec2-4db2-8d70-3fe406d03a9d
N:;;;;
FN:
EMAIL:Ranelli.alessandra@gXXXX.com
PRODID:-//eM Client/6.0.21372.0
END:VCARD

Hi Mitch, can you please create some logging data for us for more information about the issue, navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account, save the settings and restart the application.

After you do so please right click the contacts folder and select “Properties > Repair” and click on the repair button to re-sync the folder.

If the issue persists, please go back to the advanced setting window and submit the logs to my email, mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul