Contact Module - New Features

2 things I miss in the contact module.

1.  Notes Field.  After I speak with a contact I summarize my conversation as a reminder.  The first thing I do in Outlook is click on the "insert time/date button I have put in the ribbon bar.  It is very handy because I don’t have to type the date and time into the field.

1.   Categories.  I would like to be able to see them displayed in an individual contact record in addition to the drop down box.  I would also like to be able to customize the colors and categories.

Hi Michael, not really sure if these are missing features you can add notes to your contacts, just open the contact details and add a note to the “note” field.
You can also edit colors and categories under calendar properties or categories under Tools > Categories.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul. After I speak with a contact, In Outlook, I click a button located in the custom bar of the contact that inserts the current system time and then I start typing a summary of my conversation.  i.e. 10/17/2014 8:45 AM - spoke with Mike about discounts and fixing the machine menu, he would like me to add xxx product.

The categories - I would like to display the categories in the contact so I can glance at them instead of having to drop down and look at them.

Let me know if this helps or not.

Hi Michael, I understand, this is unfortunately not possible, but thank you for the suggestion we’ll consider improving this for future releases.

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Michael,

to insert the date and time in any program (not just Outlook or eM Client), you can have a look at ActiveWords:

http://www.activewords.com/default.html

Thanks for responding so quickly. 

This is a handy feature I use everyday.

Thank you, I will check it out.