When I compose an email, I am unable to see the contacts being autocompleted. I have configured my office email id which is basically a google account for business. So the imap settings are the same as that for any other gmail account. In the contacts tab, I am able to see the entire organization directory as expected.
When I removed the account and reconfigured it, the email address lookup from the directory and auto complete worked, for may be a day or so but then stopped working again.
I have also created a ticket for this issue over 2 weeks ago but there has been no response so far.
Its really inconvinient to manually lookup the email address of the required contact(s) in the directory before sending any email.
What version of eM Client are you using Mayuresh? If it is not the latest listed in the Release History, upgrade and see if there is any difference.
A more aggressive approach would be to uninstall eM Client, deleting the database directory, then installing from fresh and add your account again. Make a backup using Menu > Backup before you do that.
Otherwise you could also increase the priority of your ticket. I am sure that eM Client Support will get back to you as long as your Pro License was purchased within the past year.
I am using 8.1.1054 (582ba95). How to delete the database directory? Btw, if I remove and add the account again then it does work for sometime, like may be a day or two. But then after that it stops working again.
Yeah, this seems like a sync issue. Support will probably ask you to enable advanced logging, and then look at those logs to see what is happening. Best to wait for them to respond.
During the uninstall, you will be asked if you want to delete the directory.
Please make a backup before you uninstall, just in case there is anything saved locally.
I tried uninstall with the option to delete the database folder as you suggested. However the issue still persists.
It looks like the autocomplete works only once after I add the account until I shutdown the application. When I close emclient and launch it again autocomplete stops working.
I have created ticket 122995. Hope there is some reply on the ticket.